The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Voyager > Sci-Fi Now, worst episodes of VOY
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which of these episodes was the worst (choice from Sci-Fi Now magazine)
Favourite Son 0 0%
Fair Haven 0 0%
The Fight 3 27.27%
Threshold 5 45.45%
Tuvix 1 9.09%
Spirit Folk 0 0%
False Profits 0 0%
Unforgettable 0 0%
Other 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2009, 05:37 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
In general I always like to see interspecies relationships in Trek. The most touching one is in the ENT finale, Terra Prime.
Not seen that yet

"Unless you have something a little bigger in your torpedo tubes, I'm not turning around!"
Old 11-04-2009, 06:01 AM
Admiral

I have watched most of the first season of ENT and a few other episodes. I'm also currently working through DS9. I'm near the end of season 2.

You are right though. There are only so many times you can watch a full series. I may go back to the West Wing at some point to give me a break from schlepping about the galaxy

"Unless you have something a little bigger in your torpedo tubes, I'm not turning around!"
Old 11-04-2009, 06:12 AM
Admiral

Yes. I realise that is a danger. I decided that when I called my car B'Elanna.
I've been off sick too long. I've watched far too much Star trek

Old 11-04-2009, 06:13 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeway72 View Post
It's good for you!
Old 11-04-2009, 06:21 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeway72 View Post
Ah, so you drive a hybrid car.

A car with a name, that reminds me of the VW bettle "Dudu" who has some mad skills. Masterpiece of German cinema.

Old 11-04-2009, 06:23 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
Ah, so you drive a hybrid car.
Nah! I just though Kathryn was a rubbish name for a car. I could have called it Seven I suppose.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:24 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Vaako View Post
I totally agree with "The Fight". I remember falling asleep on it the first time I saw it. Tried to rewatch it later on but couldn't finish it. Just a bad episode all around.
What Lady Vaako said, with big feckin' bells on. The Fight is terrible - even more so because it's a Chakotay story, and the big fella deserved better in one of his (very few and far between) 'feature' episodes. I mean, the poor guy goes episode after episode with a mere couple of lines of dialogue, and then when he gets more screen time, they give him... this? Sheesh!

Threshold is rubbish as well, but I think it was mostly the execution that was bad. As a concept it had (newt-shaped) legs, but rather than make it dark, creepy and weird, it just seemed... well, comical. I did at least think that Janeway and Paris made a cute couple once they had totally transformed...
Old 12-01-2009, 08:40 AM
Federation Councillor

I think everyone even behind the scenes acknowledges Threshold as a nadir -

Off Memory Alpha
  • Some Paramount staff, including Rick Sternbach and Brannon Braga, discount the events of "Threshold", due to its severe scientific flaws. In an interview included as an "easter egg" on the VOY Season 2 DVD release, Braga admits it was the single worst episode he has ever written, stating:
"I wrote the episode, or at least the teleplay. It's a terrible episode. People are very unforgiving about that episode. I've written well over a hundred episodes of Star Trek, yet it seems to be the only episode anyone brings up, you know? "Brannon Braga, who wrote Threshold!" Out of a hundred and some episodes, you're gonna have some stinkers! Unfortunately, that was a royal, steaming stinker. And... it had some good intentions behind it. It had a good premise, breaking the warp 10 barrier. I don't know where this whole "de-evolving into a lizard" thing came from. I may have blocked it out. I think I was trying to make a statement about evolution not necessarily being evolving toward higher organisms, that evolution may also be a de-evolution. You know, we kind of take it for granted that evolution means bigger brains, more technology, you know, more refined civilization. When in fact, for all we know, we're evolving back toward a more primordial state. Ultimately, who can predict? Unfortunately, none of this came across in the episode. And all we were left with were some lizard... things crawling around in the mud. So. It was not my shining moment."

(of course, a less forgiving fan could point out Braga has written more than that episode which are not shining moments......but that's for another day!)

courtesy of Saquist