The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > Films > Movies (I - X) > Watching the movies for the first time
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2010, 11:46 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I watch them from 1-11, to get a better understanding what's going on, or you might get a little confused. I made that mistake by watching The Search For Spock first before watching The Wrath Of Khan when I bought them on blu ray. I know seen all the orginal 6 movies when was younger or so but forgot exactually what happened in them. So when I bought them on blu ray, it was the first time in years I seen all 6 movies, other than seening pieces of the movies when it was on tv. Anyways of the movies on blu ray/dvd when I first bought them. I watched The Search for Spock first before The Wrath of Khan, and got confused on how Spock died. So later on decied to watch them in order to understand how Spock died and so on, and afterwards had a better understanding of the events and so on that happened. So if you dont want to get confused on the events that happened, watch them in order, but that me.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:59 PM
Admiral

I just got round to watching TWOK at last. And it was worth the wait. Not being a TOS fan I was still sceptical that I would like it. But I enjoyed it immensely. I thought the battle scene in the nebula was a bit slow but I suspect that had more to do with the logistics of creating space battles in an age before CGI.

And I nearly cried when Spock died. Luckily I read on Memory-Alpha what happens next as I would not have been able to wait to find out.

"Unless you have something a little bigger in your torpedo tubes, I'm not turning around!"
Old 01-24-2010, 06:32 AM
Federation Councillor

I think the speed of the TWOK battle was due to the naval influence and the idea that the ships were a little akin to submarines stalking each other.

Plus they were going slower because they had limited sensor detecting abilities as well, don't forget!

courtesy of Saquist