The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Klingons!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-07-2009, 05:18 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default Klingons!

Ok, we've all seen the pics Klingons that were not in Trek 11.

But what if we had that and...

As well? I think all these looks would be ok and make the klingosn look more diverse.
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-08-2009, 06:18 AM
Vincent Cain's Avatar
Vincent Cain Vincent Cain is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,488
Default

True, definitely more diverse.
But I did find the....middleground, perhaps?.....rather refreshing.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-08-2009, 06:21 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Cain View Post
True, definitely more diverse.
But I did find the....middleground, perhaps?.....rather refreshing.
My thoughts exactly.
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-08-2009, 06:28 AM
Vincent Cain's Avatar
Vincent Cain Vincent Cain is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,488
Default

Shame that folks who cling so strongly to past incarnations can't really seem to be up for something new.
Cripes, I'm going to start sounding like starwarsrcks......
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-08-2009, 06:31 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Cain View Post
Shame that folks who cling so strongly to past incarnations can't really seem to be up for something new.
Cripes, I'm going to start sounding like starwarsrcks......
I would assume Klingons are at LEAST as diverse as humans in looks and skin.

Also take into acccount they have probbaly bred with "subject races" over their long history.
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-08-2009, 06:32 AM
horatio's Avatar
horatio horatio is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 9,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Cain View Post
Shame that folks who cling so strongly to past incarnations can't really seem to be up for something new.
Cripes, I'm going to start sounding like starwarsrcks......
It is not a question of change, they can whatever they like visually with the Klingons, as long as it makes sense (e.g. making Gorkon-Lincoln and Chang-antagonist look more human made sense, it was after all a story that just happened in the real world). Given the treatment of the other aliens in ST09, it is easy to predict that it does not.

Seriously, helmets? Did they watch too much TOS and not understand that Romulans had helmets because it was cheaper than the makeup, not because it looked great?

Like the Orion, the Klingons are in there as referrence, not because they are an essential part of the plot.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-08-2009, 06:37 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
It is not a question of change, they can whatever they like visually with the Klingons, as long as it makes sense (e.g. making Gorkon-Lincoln and Chang-antagonist look more human made sense, it was after all a story that just happened in the real world). Given the treatment of the other aliens in ST09, it is easy to predict that it does not.

Seriously, helmets? Did they watch too much TOS and not understand that Romulans had helmets because it was cheaper than the makeup, not because it looked great?

Like the Orion, the Klingons are in there as referrence, not because they are an essential part of the plot.
For all we know the helmet could have been a family heirloom that that family has worn into battle since the early days of the empire.
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-08-2009, 06:53 AM
jla1987's Avatar
jla1987 jla1987 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,483
Default

I don't mind the helmets. It's on Rura Penthe...maybe that was standard issue there in the 2230s-50s?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-08-2009, 06:57 AM
Vincent Cain's Avatar
Vincent Cain Vincent Cain is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
For all we know the helmet could have been a family heirloom that that family has worn into battle since the early days of the empire.
Bingo.
We don't know.
That's the bummer of it all; it just leaves speculation and fan griping.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-08-2009, 06:58 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Cain View Post
Bingo.
We don't know.
That's the bummer of it all; it just leaves speculation and fan griping.
Thank you sir!
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:00 AM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.