The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > I May Have Some Good News.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2009, 03:47 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore View Post
While I'm sure some execs at CBS have been thinking about a new TV series even before Star Trek XI went into production, actually doing one is another matter altogether and could still be a long ways off from now.
As far as I know this is the only thing that's been under consideration since Enterprise went belly up and it was never given the greenlight:

Trek’s darker future…with a spark of hope
The Zero Room team felt that the time was right for a new approach to Trek. The setting is the year 2528 and the Federation is a different place after suffering through a devastating war with the Romulans 60 years earlier. The war was sparked off after a surprise attack of dozens of ‘Omega particle’ detonations throughout the Federation creating vast areas which become impassible to warp travel and essentially cut off almost half the Federation from the rest. During the war the Klingon homeworld was occupied by the Romulans, all of Andoria was destroyed and the Vulcans, who were negotiating reunification with the Romulans, pulled out of the Federation. The setting may seem bleak and not very Trek-like, but that is where the show’s hero Captain Alexander Chase comes in. Relegated to border patrol, Chase is determined to bring the Federation (and a ship called Enterprise) back to the glory days of seeking out new life and new civilizations.

Quote:
I'm certain that there will be another Star Trek TV series, but I wouldn't start counting chickens yet.
Hence the title "I May Have Some Good News." I'm not offering anything solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diron Hod View Post
Hey cool signature Howlin' Wolf.
Thank you very much. I'm not the creator but I talk online occasionally with the loon who is. By the way I've heard bad things about the real cereal, you liked it?

Old 10-01-2009, 02:58 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlin' Wolf View Post
As far as I know this is the only thing that's been under consideration since Enterprise went belly up and it was never given the greenlight:

Trek’s darker future…with a spark of hope
The Zero Room team felt that the time was right for a new approach to Trek. The setting is the year 2528 and the Federation is a different place after suffering through a devastating war with the Romulans 60 years earlier. The war was sparked off after a surprise attack of dozens of ‘Omega particle’ detonations throughout the Federation creating vast areas which become impassible to warp travel and essentially cut off almost half the Federation from the rest. During the war the Klingon homeworld was occupied by the Romulans, all of Andoria was destroyed and the Vulcans, who were negotiating reunification with the Romulans, pulled out of the Federation. The setting may seem bleak and not very Trek-like, but that is where the show’s hero Captain Alexander Chase comes in. Relegated to border patrol, Chase is determined to bring the Federation (and a ship called Enterprise) back to the glory days of seeking out new life and new civilizations.
It was never given the greenlight because it was just an idea for a web-based animated series that some Trek insiders put together for startrek.com. The only difference between this and the many other rejected/passed over pitches the studio receives for new Star Trek projects is that this one had concept art was leaked online.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore
I'm certain that there will be another Star Trek TV series, but I wouldn't start counting chickens yet
Hence the title "I May Have Some Good News." I'm not offering anything solid.
Which makes it not even news but a gossip piece--or at best, simply speculation--from one source at this point, unfortunately. IMO, if CBS was truly considering another Star Trek series, the internet would already have exploded and every Trek site from andorianbabes.net to trekbbs.com would have been on it like white on rice right now...
Old 10-01-2009, 03:28 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Which makes it not even news but a gossip piece--or at best, simply speculation--from one source at this point, unfortunately. IMO, if CBS was truly considering another Star Trek series, the internet would already have exploded and every Trek site from andorianbabes.net to trekbbs.com would have been on it like white on rice right now...
Suit yourself grammar nazi, your the only one with their panties in a wad over the wording of a title.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:49 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlin' Wolf View Post
Suit yourself grammar nazi, your the only one with their panties in a wad over the wording of a title.
Did I hurt your feelings? Poor baby. Don't get upset with me that you come here with nothing more than gossip or speculation from some obscure source and I merely pointed that out.

Get over it.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:04 AM
Federation Councillor

New this Fall....NOT!

Trailer Trek!! LOL!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G65y4...eature=related
Old 10-01-2009, 07:36 AM
Vice Admiral

Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe, Terra - ZZ9 PluralZAlpha

Quote:
Did I hurt your feelings? Poor baby. Don't get upset with me that you come here with nothing more than gossip or speculation from some obscure source and I merely pointed that out.

Get over it.
You could at least be nice!

What is the point in being unpleasant for no reason?

(And an indirectly founding patron of the Elizadolots Avatar Thingy.)
Old 10-01-2009, 08:09 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA-1842 View Post
You could at least be nice!
That is me being nice. I deleted what I was originally going to say...

Quote:
What is the point in being unpleasant for no reason?
Ask the OP about post #13. That was my reason. But it's best for us to let this issue drop and move on because it's just going to make matters worse if the OP feels a need to respond and we begin Round 2...
Old 10-01-2009, 08:31 AM
Federation Councillor

So......how about that Kirk and his follin' around!! LOL!
Old 10-01-2009, 08:39 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
So......how about that Kirk and his follin' around!! LOL!
He did it in the finest Starfleet tradition and frequently brought on a somewhat different take on boldly going where no man has gone before than Starfleet intended...