The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > The Next Generation > Your Dream TNG Movie
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2009, 06:13 AM
Federation Councillor

Default Your Dream TNG Movie

If you could write a TNG movie for a TNG comeback, what would your story be?
Old 09-24-2009, 12:10 PM
Fleet Admiral

The Titan is on a 2-year deep space exploration mission in the Beta Quadrant, and after communications break up, Picard heads for the last postion his former #1 reported to Starfleet. After some trouble with the Romulans he finds the Titan ... Riker has run out of fuel.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:51 PM
Rear Admiral

I don't have time to write out an entire synopsis, but mine would basically deal with the fallout from the destruction of Romulus, tackle the themes of making peace with an old enemy and finding out what really is important in life...and end with Riker in command of the Enterprise-E.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:27 PM
Federation Councillor

The unexplained disappearance of Ambassador Spock brings together the Enterprise E under the command of Data, and the Titan under the command of Captain Riker to investigate the disappearance.

Finding a rapidly shrinking anomaly in space the Enterprise (with Riker and Troi aboard while on the ship for a strategy meeting - plus you have to find some contrived way to bring them together) begins to scan it.

Suddenly it bursts open and the shattered wreckage of the Narada pours out.

The ship detects survivors in it's mass. They are beamed aboard where Nero and his band run amok, and steal the USS Titan (with a delusional Nero thinking Troi is his wife) and flees, mad with rage and grief reawakened.

The Enterprise sets off in pursuit as the Titan enters The Forge (not la Forge - this ain't Brokeback) and Nero begins to adapt it with the Borg technology.

As the Enterprise catches up, it must face the newly improved Titan in a final battle - the outcome of which will decide whether or not an Android can really captain a starship (subplot - can we trust technology), whether Picard's negotiating skills have remained sharp (theme - mutual trust between enemies leading to peace) and whether Troi's senses are still sharp enough to 'feel' Nero's pain (theme - getting old and useless, or not, as the case may be). Geordi and Crusher can do nothing but stand in the background (as always) and Worf (who magically was passing by on a shuttle en route to DS9 to try and steal Ezri away from Bashir - theme an homage to Hitchcock's Vertigo) can throw out a coupla 'funny' lines here and there.

Action packed, thematic, and sequel to the new film all in one!!!

courtesy of Saquist
Old 09-24-2009, 01:37 PM
Commander

If I was going to write a TNG movie, I think I'd actually set it in the new universe. With the changes introduced by Trek 11, as well as the presence of a prescient Ambassador Spock, that future has some major potential for intrigue and interesting new settings.

Edit: I realised why I like this idea especially. It brings Trek closer to how I imagined Abrams would re-imagine it. Consider this; it's the late 24th century. The technological renaissance induced by the untimely arrival of the Narada has not let up, and the Enterprise-C is now crewed not only by flesh and blood creatures, but by true artificial intelligences in the vein of Voyager's EMH, given equal rights under Federation law. The ship's computer has its own identity; the ship is a part of its own crew. All this means change is afoot, as Starfleet begins to realise that there may only be decades left in which biological crews are relevant, and not actually a hindrance, as the AIs begin to exceed human ability.

The Klingon Empire continues to war against the Federation, their warships armed with technology reverse-engineered during the decades in which the Narada was a Klingon captive. But as the years pass, their own society may be twisted far out of shape in order to keep up with the Federation's runaway advancement. Basic Klingon tenets could be discarded to allow new avenues of development to be explored. How far can their civilisation contort before becoming unrecognisable, or undergoing civil war?

And into this messy state of flux comes wandering a single, curious cube...

Last edited by Thascales : 09-24-2009 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:39 PM
Federation Councillor

But then they might not have the same story, or the D might be built differently, so it wouldn't be a 'comeback' but a second reboot.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 09-24-2009, 02:01 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
But then they might not have the same story, or the D might be built differently, so it wouldn't be a 'comeback' but a second reboot.
It just doesn't seem to me that the original TNG really wants to come back, so it's difficult to imagine a story based around those characters. Everyone really has gone their separate ways, with loose ends tied up. :/
Old 09-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
The unexplained disappearance of Ambassador Spock brings together the Enterprise E under the command of Data, and the Titan under the command of Captain Riker to investigate the disappearance.

Finding a rapidly shrinking anomaly in space the Enterprise (with Riker and Troi aboard while on the ship for a strategy meeting - plus you have to find some contrived way to bring them together) begins to scan it.

Suddenly it bursts open and the shattered wreckage of the Narada pours out.

The ship detects survivors in it's mass. They are beamed aboard where Nero and his band run amok, and steal the USS Titan (with a delusional Nero thinking Troi is his wife) and flees, mad with rage and grief reawakened.

The Enterprise sets off in pursuit as the Titan enters The Forge (not la Forge - this ain't Brokeback) and Nero begins to adapt it with the Borg technology.

As the Enterprise catches up, it must face the newly improved Titan in a final battle - the outcome of which will decide whether or not an Android can really captain a starship (subplot - can we trust technology), whether Picard's negotiating skills have remained sharp (theme - mutual trust between enemies leading to peace) and whether Troi's senses are still sharp enough to 'feel' Nero's pain (theme - getting old and useless, or not, as the case may be). Geordi and Crusher can do nothing but stand in the background (as always) and Worf (who magically was passing by on a shuttle en route to DS9 to try and steal Ezri away from Bashir - theme an homage to Hitchcock's Vertigo) can throw out a coupla 'funny' lines here and there.

Action packed, thematic, and sequel to the new film all in one!!!
Sounds good to me
Old 09-24-2009, 07:49 PM
Lieutenant Commander

The setting should be the time-gap between Post Nemesis and Pre-Countdown.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:04 AM
Fleet Admiral

What an idea... alternating movies! 12 in TNG time, 13 in TOS and so forth

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-