The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Enterprise > ENT-Dead Before It's Time?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir num nums View Post
TPutz
Wow the Sci-Fi channels ratings are right in line with Adult Swim, which airs late at night.

I would have thought ratings for Stargate and other shows would have higher ratings. At one time didn't Battlestar Galactica have about 3 million per show?

But, I think I read on trekmovie.com that Enterprise has about 1 million on average, which is good for a show that was canceled.
I think so, during it's first or second season. There was talk for awhile that NBC may have picked up Galactica. I remember they used to show 1st season episodes on NBC for awhile, but it never happened, it's remained on scifi for it's whole run.

"Death, delicious strawberry flavored death!"
Old 03-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
The truth is nothing on the SCi Fi channel has ver high ratings...but like you said it's about the Sci fi not the ratings....

I still wish SG-1 was still on...but I'm glad they cancelled it I didn't like the new team.
Yeah, it seemed very different then, but I think they wanted to keep SG-1 on long enough for SG:Atlantis to catch on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingston View Post
I think so, during it's first or second season. There was talk for awhile that NBC may have picked up Galactica. I remember they used to show 1st season episodes on NBC for awhile, but it never happened, it's remained on scifi for it's whole run.
I remember a few episodes airing on NBC a couple of years ago. They should have given the show a better chance.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Admiral

I'm kinda glad they kept it on the scifi channel. I'm not so sure a primetime network would've kept carrying it with the direction the show took. I liked the direction from the beginning but I think it did lose people with the New Caprica storyline and how at that point the show was basically turned upside down. Kinda a gutsy thing to do for a show, it could really wreck it. If it was on NBC I'm not so sure the network would've gone along with it. Anyway with it's last season starting I think it'll be a tight show, four short seasons, the first season only being a half season. Should stand alone as a great scifi show in my opinion.

Hey Sir Num Nums, like the new avatar, but what happened to Seth Lives! What was that about anyway?

Old 03-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Rear Admiral

lol, it said "Seth Rules"... the creator of Family Guy.

I'm a big fan, and he guest stared on Enterprise a couple of times as an extra.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:14 PM
Fleet Admiral

So BSG is going to end?

Old 03-10-2008, 10:08 AM
Admiral

Quote:
So BSG is going to end?
Yeah, their final season is going to start in early April. April 11th I think. Looking forward to it!

Old 03-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Fleet Admiral

So only five years.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:20 PM
Captain

Quote:
The more I've looked at ratings systems the more I'm seeing is that Stargate right now has around the same amount of ratings.

That's been difficult to face.
It's led me to the conclusion that they MUST have concelled the show because of the contraversy it was creating in Trek and not just because of the ratings slup. I think they had to see that it was failing on some level with the fans and that there was upset like you said in the UPN network.

Can't believe this thread snuck by me. I'm posting VERY late. It may never be seen, but I feel I need to for posterity (lol).

It had nothing to do with "a contraversy it was creating". In fact, besides some small mumblings from disgruntled "fans", I never heard of that.

Their problem was very simple: They could not continue to justify the cost of the show as in relation to the audience. It was a total financial move, and had nothing to do with people not liing it. They would have had to have huge numbers of viewers to keep it going.

Voyager was pretty close to getting the axe themselves, but luckily hit the magical Season 7, so it was easy to let them loose...

It was all about the UPN.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:48 PM
Fleet Admiral

I never heard of Voyager getting anywhere that close in fact they continued to advertize Voyager extensively...

Enterprise's rating dropped steadyly, The fans were disgruntled and they were heard and I do believe the Enterprise shows were far too expensive to continue...In fact trek needs to go to Cable's Sci Fi Channel where it can be appreicated appropriately.

Old 03-23-2008, 06:18 AM
Captain

Quote:
I never heard of Voyager getting anywhere that close in fact they continued to advertize Voyager extensively...

Enterprise's rating dropped steadyly, The fans were disgruntled and they were heard and I do believe the Enterprise shows were far too expensive to continue...In fact trek needs to go to Cable's Sci Fi Channel where it can be appreicated appropriately.
I've always wondererd why more Trek series aren't on SciFi. And they could have kept ENT going on Sc-Fi, but with a massive cut in budget.

Again, ENT's cancellation was a financial move.