The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Voyager > Could 8472 Conquer the Galaxy
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2009, 08:49 PM
Ensign

Default Could 8472 Conquer the Galaxy

To make this even a possibility we will have to make a new timeline where Voyager never entered the Delta Quadrant

I have always thought that Species 8472 could have conquered the galaxy if voyager had not allied with the Borg.

Consider it. The Borg were loosing the conflict and if Species 8472 had gotten the Borg (who were the most powerful race in the galaxy at the time) out of the way there would have been almost nothing left to stop them.

The biggest problem Species 8472 would have to overcome would be traveling the great distances in a short time. From what we see in the show, they can only travel at regular warp speeds in our galaxy which means that it would take them 50 years to even reach the other side of the Delta Quadrant. However we dont know what limitations their singularities have. they may be able to open one anywhere at any time allowing them to instantly send a huge fleet over to the primary unicomplex and wipe it out in a matter of minutes. If that is so they would be almost unstoppable. The Borg would be overthrown in a matter of months and the rest of the Delta Quadrant would swiftly be conquered as well.

The Dominion war was raging on in the Alpha and Beta Quadrants during that time so a number of things could happen once Species 8472 reached that area. I think the most likely course of events would be that the Dominion Axis and the Federation Alliance would call a cease fire to try and take out their new mutual enemy since Species 8472 would threaten them both.

The Combined forces of the Federation, Klingons, Romulans, Cardassians, Dominion and Breen is probably stronger than the Borg collective so they might be able to hold off against Species 8472, but maybe not.

This is of course a fictional line of reasoning based off of a fictional story but it is a question that i'm sure many Trek fans have wondered.

If anyone has a different opinion or more facts to add i would like to read them.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:56 AM
Lieutenant

I think I should agree with you.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:16 PM
Commander

I actually doubt species 8472 could conquer the whole galaxy, if the Borg really felt they were screwed they could just collide their ships with the bioships and take them out on a 1-1 basis, though obviously we have no idea how many bioships there are compared to Borg Cubes.

Would be interesting to see a fight between the Alpha/Beta Quadrant alliance verses the Borg, my money is still personally on the Borg.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:32 PM
Vice Admiral

Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.

Ah, but what if it were a cross universe mashup? Imagine the Borg and the cybermen joining forces... or possibly the Daleks and Stargates Replicators... The possibilities are endless...

I would love to see the Zathura "Zorgons" and the Gorns either duking it out between themselves, or teamed up against all the human or humanoid races...

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:42 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roysten View Post
I actually doubt species 8472 could conquer the whole galaxy, if the Borg really felt they were screwed they could just collide their ships with the bioships and take them out on a 1-1 basis, though obviously we have no idea how many bioships there are compared to Borg Cubes.

Would be interesting to see a fight between the Alpha/Beta Quadrant alliance verses the Borg, my money is still personally on the Borg.
Or the Alpha Quadrent having to choose Species 8472, or the Borg to ally themselves with.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:12 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Or the Alpha Quadrent having to choose Species 8472, or the Borg to ally themselves with.
I think 8472 would be the better species to ally themselves to. I don't think they have the same evil intent as the borg. That could be the theme of a voyager movie. BRING BACK VOYAGER!

"Unless you have something a little bigger in your torpedo tubes, I'm not turning around!"
Old 09-17-2009, 10:27 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeway72 View Post
I think 8472 would be the better species to ally themselves to. I don't think they have the same evil intent as the borg. That could be the theme of a voyager movie. BRING BACK VOYAGER!
Hmmm a evil you know (Borg) or na evil your not real sure about (8472.)
Old 09-17-2009, 10:52 AM
Admiral

Interesting dilemma. But one I'm sure Captain Janeway could get to the bottom of in a movie.

"Unless you have something a little bigger in your torpedo tubes, I'm not turning around!"
Old 09-17-2009, 10:55 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeway72 View Post
Interesting dilemma. But one I'm sure Captain Janeway could get to the bottom of in a movie.
Janeway:"Tuvok, anaisis. Which side should we band with in this upcoming war?"

Tuvok:"Capatin, logic, and Starfleet protocol states that we should not side with either."

Janeway:"Damit Tuvok, this isn't the time for Starfleet protocol. I need your analisis!"

Tuvok:"Well Capatin that new uniform is very gratifuying to your backside."

Janeway:"Oh really?"
Old 09-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Admiral

That is Tuvok getting to the bottom of it. Not Janeway, Dammit!