The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > Films > Movies (I - X) > Most pointless and baffling aspects of the Trek films
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 09-14-2009, 05:13 PM
celticarchie's Avatar
celticarchie celticarchie is offline
Lieutenant Commander
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 597
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
It looks good, but like I said, that's about it.
Then we see it falls flat on it's face.

Thing is I didn't want to see the TNG "goodbye" movie (I'm kinda sick of having to say goodbye to fictional characters).

Just from a pure TNG fan prospective...Riker and Troi get married (are about to anyway) and we don't get to see Riker propose! Come on, that scene would be worth the price of admission.

Personally, I think it should have been a romantic comedy with a mystery that evolves through the story, you just don't know what's happening, but there's a sudden scare moment that makes everyone loose 3 quarters of there popcorn and a third act that totally changes everyone's perspective on Trek forever, with a cliffhanger ending.
__________________

That
...is the exploration that awaits you. Not mapping stars and studying nebula, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence. - Q
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 09-15-2009, 07:26 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticarchie View Post
Then we see it falls flat on it's face.

Thing is I didn't want to see the TNG "goodbye" movie (I'm kinda sick of having to say goodbye to fictional characters).

Just from a pure TNG fan prospective...Riker and Troi get married (are about to anyway) and we don't get to see Riker propose! Come on, that scene would be worth the price of admission.

Personally, I think it should have been a romantic comedy with a mystery that evolves through the story, you just don't know what's happening, but there's a sudden scare moment that makes everyone loose 3 quarters of there popcorn and a third act that totally changes everyone's perspective on Trek forever, with a cliffhanger ending.
For what it's worth, I agree with you. That would have played 100 times better. But, they knew this would be the last TNG, so they had to do a "goodbye."
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 09-15-2009, 09:02 AM
horatio's Avatar
horatio horatio is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 9,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticarchie View Post
Then we see it falls flat on it's face.

Thing is I didn't want to see the TNG "goodbye" movie (I'm kinda sick of having to say goodbye to fictional characters).

Just from a pure TNG fan prospective...Riker and Troi get married (are about to anyway) and we don't get to see Riker propose! Come on, that scene would be worth the price of admission.

Personally, I think it should have been a romantic comedy with a mystery that evolves through the story, you just don't know what's happening, but there's a sudden scare moment that makes everyone loose 3 quarters of there popcorn and a third act that totally changes everyone's perspective on Trek forever, with a cliffhanger ending.
Nice idea, but something does not compute, last movie and cliffhanger.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 09-15-2009, 10:29 AM
jla1987's Avatar
jla1987 jla1987 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,483
Default

I wonder what would have happened had Nemesis been successful... Would we have seen a movie based on the Titan? Perhaps the Romulan War script that was being mentioned after Nemesis failed? A sequel to Insurrection? lol
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 09-15-2009, 10:30 AM
kevin's Avatar
kevin kevin is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: East Kilbride, Glasgow, UK
Posts: 21,046
Default

Although, to this day, the character parts at the start and the end are the only bits that I really remember of Nemesis. The middle part I mostly tune out.
__________________
'If the Apocalypse starts, beep me!' - Buffy Summers
'The sky's the limit.....' Jean-Luc Picard, 'All Good Things'


courtesy of Saquist
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 09-15-2009, 10:32 AM
jla1987's Avatar
jla1987 jla1987 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
Although, to this day, the character parts at the start and the end are the only bits that I really remember of Nemesis. The middle part I mostly tune out.
You need to watch it some more. The space battle really made the movie for me. I thought the rest was just kind of an extended episode like Insurrection.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 09-15-2009, 10:55 AM
kevin's Avatar
kevin kevin is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: East Kilbride, Glasgow, UK
Posts: 21,046
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jla1987 View Post
You need to watch it some more. The space battle really made the movie for me. I thought the rest was just kind of an extended episode like Insurrection.
The space battle is ok, but collission aside, I prefer TWOK's and even the opening of FC. Actually, visually the battle in Nemesis was quite good.

Nemesis has too much green in that nebula.
__________________
'If the Apocalypse starts, beep me!' - Buffy Summers
'The sky's the limit.....' Jean-Luc Picard, 'All Good Things'


courtesy of Saquist
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 09-15-2009, 11:50 AM
NCC-73515's Avatar
NCC-73515 NCC-73515 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Posts: 7,207
Default

I read somewhere that it was planned as a trilogy... "A generation's final journey BEGINS"
__________________


"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 09-15-2009, 11:52 AM
kevin's Avatar
kevin kevin is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: East Kilbride, Glasgow, UK
Posts: 21,046
Default

I only ever read about it as being the last film to feature the TNG crew. I never expected them to do another with that cast. I'm not sure how anyone watching it could think otherwise.
__________________
'If the Apocalypse starts, beep me!' - Buffy Summers
'The sky's the limit.....' Jean-Luc Picard, 'All Good Things'


courtesy of Saquist
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 09-15-2009, 03:02 PM
jla1987's Avatar
jla1987 jla1987 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
I only ever read about it as being the last film to feature the TNG crew. I never expected them to do another with that cast. I'm not sure how anyone watching it could think otherwise.
Agreed. I can't remember who was gonna write it, but there were rumblings of a Romulan War movie in 2003.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:51 AM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.