The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Jonathan Archer . ?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2008, 10:06 AM
Fleet Admiral

I think it likely as the last series that they would try to Enterprise support somewhere in the movie. Do I want them too? No I really don't. I prefer they keep the Enterprise supporting to zero.

I can't even help myself on that one. It was so bad that it just screwed up Trek. It's like opening an open wound that they keep abrading....

Old 03-07-2008, 10:21 AM
Federation Councillor

Shame you feel that way Saquist....I;m sure that Hypospray on the table has something for that abarading feeling...
Old 03-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Fleet Admiral

sorry...
That's just how I feel. I would remove Enterprise as story for the trek we know because it's not...it's like a parallel universe.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
sorry...
That's just how I feel. I would remove Enterprise as story for the trek we know because it's not...it's like a parallel universe.
There was a time when I would've agreed with you, but as I've watched more ENT I've actually come to enjoy it quite a bit. Sure, the first couple seasons weren't too great, and the show didn't really hit it's stride until the end...however I think it deserves a little respect at least. I also believe that ENT is aging well, whereas Voyager is only getting more & more worse to me as time goes on.

As for Archer appearing in the new movie, I'm 100% in favor of it.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Fleet Admiral

well of course the more you watch it the more it assimilates you.
That's why I stopped watching. I didn't want to assimilated by what they they thought they could over look. It wasn't fair. I was being cheated on. I don't want to be just fed anything and everything they give me.

I taste...and my taste isn't picky but I know I'm getting bad service. And that was a lot of bad service. I couldn't leave a tip I couldn't even say sorry...I didn't enjoy it...I was discusted. They couldn't have been more obvious that they didn't care.

That's kina painful to endure.

Old 03-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
well of course the more you watch it the more it assimilates you.
That's why I stopped watching. I didn't want to assimilated by what they they thought they could over look. It wasn't fair. I was being cheated on. I don't want to be just fed anything and everything they give me.

I taste...and my taste isn't picky but I know I'm getting bad service. And that was a lot of bad service. I couldn't leave a tip I couldn't even say sorry...I didn't enjoy it...I was discusted. They couldn't have been more obvious that they didn't care.

That's kina painful to endure.
I really, truly think you should watch Season 4 -- the first two episodes are weakish, but then it turns into a really magnificent apology for the first two seasons, and starts to link ENT with TOS. Augments, Orions, why some Klingons have smooth foreheads, how the Federation got started, the Vulcan reformation, what happened to the U.S.S. Defiant from the Tholian Web, etc.

Seriously some of the best Trek ever made, and this from a guy who gagged his way through a few episodes of seasons 1 and then ignored the show for the rest of its run! I picked up the DVD set last spring, just to have seen all the televised Treks, and got completely hooked.

As for Archer:

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Jona...r#Later_career

His biography on the Defiant NCC-1764 gave his date of death as 2245, and the second screen of that bio (which wasn't shown) said he died at home in upstate New York, exactly one day after attending the christening ceremony of the Enterprise NCC-1701. So it's possible! Who knows how long lifespans would get extended over the next century or so, especially with Vulcan medical science to help out.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacial View Post
Who knows how long lifespans would get extended over the next century or so, especially with Vulcan medical science to help out.
Based on how things are going with current medical technologies and estimates of breakthroughs that are in keeping with the level of technology in TOS, I'd guess that 150 years would easily be the average life span of a human.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Lieutenant

The first mission of the USS Enterprise could even be to locate the stolen NX Enterprise so it could be mothballed in a museum.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:22 PM
Fleet Admiral

I think that the medical effectiveness of treating old age only got that far in the twenty third century...McCoy was the first we heard.

Old 03-09-2008, 12:32 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacial View Post
I really, truly think you should watch Season 4 -- the first two episodes are weakish, but then it turns into a really magnificent apology for the first two seasons, and starts to link ENT with TOS. Augments, Orions, why some Klingons have smooth foreheads, how the Federation got started, the Vulcan reformation, what happened to the U.S.S. Defiant from the Tholian Web, etc.

Seriously some of the best Trek ever made, and this from a guy who gagged his way through a few episodes of seasons 1 and then ignored the show for the rest of its run! I picked up the DVD set last spring, just to have seen all the televised Treks, and got completely hooked.

As for Archer:

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Jona...r#Later_career

His biography on the Defiant NCC-1764 gave his date of death as 2245, and the second screen of that bio (which wasn't shown) said he died at home in upstate New York, exactly one day after attending the christening ceremony of the Enterprise NCC-1701. So it's possible! Who knows how long lifespans would get extended over the next century or so, especially with Vulcan medical science to help out.
I eventually picked it up on friday nights when there was nothing to do and I was pleasantly surprise by those episodes. They were brilliant...I loved the Augments...brilliant...absolutely brilliant. It's really how the entire show should have started off.

It was still tainted by this ship that wasn't supposed to exist and the vulcan problem they had to correct The Klingon invovlement was expertly done...but

Most of it still rubbed me the wrong way. enterprise should have been a show that invovled a starfleet crew that didn't get all the information ...the secrets that star fleet would later learn. To often..they learned the secrets...that remained UNLEARNED in the twenty fourth century.

OKAY...Ship captain make logs. Why would Archer leave these things out of the log. If he does then he's not military at all. That doesn't Follow. There was no loyaty to betray on the part of the Klingons and the Augments, the Vulcans....

So Archer never told anyone?
So they were good episodes but they still told the record...to much information. The crew saw to much instead of it being isolated to just one person. The more people know the harder it is to keep secret.