The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Where is Robert April?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2008, 01:24 AM
Midshipman

Exclamation Where is Robert April?

On the Memory-Alpha and Wikipedia articles for this upcoming film, Robert April is never mentioned even once.

He was the first captain of the Enterprise before Pike and Kirk.

MA Article: http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Robert_April

"Robert April was perhaps most famous for his stint as the first captain of the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701). April was born in 2195, and would later marry his beloved Sarah. During the 2240s, April would oversee the construction of components for a Constitution class starship at the San Francisco Naval Yards. The vessel would later become the USS Enterprise. April later commanded the Enterprise from 2245 to 2250; his wife Sarah would serve as his chief medical officer."

Will we see the movie reflect this information?

If we don't see Robert April anywhere in the film, we will have a gaping continuity error on our hands!
Old 03-03-2008, 01:54 AM
Lieutenant

SPOILER ALERT!!

We don't know what timeline or alternate timeline of the construction scene of the Enterprise is in the trailer. It could be a scene of a massive refit done on Earth before Kirk takes over after a battle in the film left it totaly useless and they gave it a dressing up for its new Captain. Or it could be used in a scene which I heard the actor who plays George Kirk ,Chris Hemmingsworth, (spelling?) in a interview at Cloverfields premiere say "I get to do a scene on the deck of the Enterprise with Jennifer Morrison" which indicates that he was present at the time of the construction phase of the ship when Captain Kirk was a kid. It was rumored that George Kirk and April were friends. They just added another actor to the film who will play a very heroic unknown named Federation Captain in the film with a meaty role who Captains a old style starship. He might be April (which they say he is not and they are keeping it under wraps) and could the old style Starship be the Old Enterprise? There are two versions in the film.

http://trekmovie.com/2008/02/29/fara...ation-captain/

Last edited by Captain Pike : 03-03-2008 at 02:15 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:05 AM
Commander

April only appeared in TAS and TAS is noncanon.

Maybe Star Trek XI will decide whether April will become real canon or real non-canon.
But probably the time period from 2245 to 2250 won't appear in Star Trek XI.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:00 AM
Captain

Perhaps to show respect for canon we will see every single captain of the enterprise except for Shatner as that could only be done in order to please the fanboys.
Seriously if April was first captain then there is no need whatsoever for him to be seen or mentioned in the film.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:07 AM
Federation Councillor

April has never been made cannon. I know he was in a TAS episode, but TAS has still not been made cannon.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:57 AM
Lieutenant

Didn't they actually cast someone, at least according to rumor, to play April? I think one of the sites hinted that Faran Tahir...
Old 03-03-2008, 08:20 AM
Federation Councillor

I thought that had been debunked.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:24 AM
Fleet Admiral

I haven't seen anything linking Tahir with playing April, unless it's simply fan conjecture. And there's good reason to dispute Tahir playing April if the TrekMovie.com article is correct, since
it says

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 03-03-2008, 11:07 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionTrek08 View Post
I haven't seen anything linking Tahir with playing April, unless it's simply fan conjecture. And there's good reason to dispute Tahir playing April if the TrekMovie.com article is correct, since
it says
That might be true but you have to remember that trekmovie has been wrong before and had to update their rumors on the site. They had an actress once playing Carol Marcus but then they said they had it wrong and later updated the site to say she was playing a green Orion. the same could apply here since they do not even know the name of the captain yet that Tahir is playing. Nothing is confirmed.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Fleet Admiral

Agreed, but lacking contradictory information which proves it wrong, it's the most updated info we have to go on at this point.

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!