The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Enterprise > These Are The Voyages...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Fleet Admiral

SUNGLASSES !!
You didn't like Trip I take it.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Ensign

I think it was a good way, to make Enterprise a real series, Now before you guys get all homicidal and start beating me let me state a cpl facts that might....help the situation.

1.Time has been altered drastically in Enterprise, We can't say for certain what timeline this falls under, pre-change, or post change.

2. Only that episode was in the holodeck, Riker was researching the historical event to get a better grasp on when to follow orders, and when not to, and since his mood about Pressman drastically changes before they beam to the Pegasus, it actually makes the episode make more sense.

3. It ties the two series together, and adds a sort of historical sense to their mission "this is the past" removing the out-of-time sense by connecting nx 01 to the 1701-D

4. Since soo much time had passed since the episode before to that episode, a movie dealing with time travel could easily spare the life of Trip by altering the timeline entirely.

5.Theres never really been a finale for a Star Trek series anyone has been happy with, And i think this comes the closest to an ending i could swallow and deal with.(besides the death of one of my favorite charicters ever)

Thats my 5 cents, i hope some of you can agree with it.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:58 AM
Federation Councillor

angry-

I can't agree with you this one sadly. It was badly written, poorly acted. I like ENT and hated this final episode.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
angry-

I can't agree with you this one sadly. It was badly written, poorly acted. I like ENT and hated this final episode.
Of course your going to feel that way, It was a show you liked and it was a planned final episode, Your going to have high standards, and i don't think it was perfectly executed, But for what it was, it was alot better than the way a few series ended "Cough, Voyager, Cough" and some legacies have ended "Cough, Nemisis, Cough"
Old 03-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

i really liked this episode, even if it was basically a TNG episode, haha
Old 03-11-2008, 04:58 AM
Federation Councillor

angry-

Nemesis, totally agree.

Voyager's last episode, was pretty good, not excellent, but good.

If they hadn't had 2 actors who looked and acted 15 years older than the episode "Pegasus" they were supposedly in.

If they had made it a 2 part and explained alot more than just lumbering from scene to scene.

It really wrapped nothing up.

In comparison, VOY's final episode was 100X better.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:49 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawku View Post
The only thing I'd change about this episode is that I'd have had Riker and Troi on the Titan instead of the Ent-D... that way their aging would have been consistent.
That would've certainly helped since they looked way too old to be where they were supposed to. That erked me the whole episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-73515 View Post
If they had just let us see an hear the speech he was preparing all the time!!!
I often thought that would have been cool to hear.

I did like the last bit where they tied ENT, TOS and TNG together with the famous lines. Had to shed a tear at that.

"Little?!"
Old 03-25-2008, 11:40 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryibanezguy View Post
I think it was a good way, to make Enterprise a real series, Now before you guys get all homicidal and start beating me let me state a cpl facts that might....help the situation.

1.Time has been altered drastically in Enterprise, We can't say for certain what timeline this falls under, pre-change, or post change.

2. Only that episode was in the holodeck, Riker was researching the historical event to get a better grasp on when to follow orders, and when not to, and since his mood about Pressman drastically changes before they beam to the Pegasus, it actually makes the episode make more sense.

3. It ties the two series together, and adds a sort of historical sense to their mission "this is the past" removing the out-of-time sense by connecting nx 01 to the 1701-D

4. Since soo much time had passed since the episode before to that episode, a movie dealing with time travel could easily spare the life of Trip by altering the timeline entirely.

5.Theres never really been a finale for a Star Trek series anyone has been happy with, And i think this comes the closest to an ending i could swallow and deal with.(besides the death of one of my favorite charicters ever)

Thats my 5 cents, i hope some of you can agree with it.
The alternative line of events in Enterprise is always what I had a problem with. I didn't feel as strongly about the ending episode because I wasn't as invested in the ending...Infact I was hoping for an ending. To finally end what was only a massive production debacle on Paramounts part. I was at first resistant to the last episode but as it continued I relazed. it wasn't good but by this point that's what I had come to expect out of Enterprise.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:55 PM
Midshipman

Default Emotional Ride

Hello all,

I personally want to give you my views on the last few episodes of enterprise but I should warn you this is a story and a half.

I have been a star trek fan for about 20 years and I love it to bits, it really did shape some of who I am.

I want to take you back in time to a part of my life.

My partner and I lost a little boy at birth, we named him John Ian. After a few days we left hospital and came home. I went into management overdrive, checking work every ten mins, and organising everything I could get my hands on. Kas (my partner) saw that Enterprise was on and decided to 'make' me sit down to relax me.

We started to regret it when it was all about Trips and T'Pols child and cried most of the way through it...

But we decided to take something from it ( I will tell you what later)

A week passed, and the day before the funeral of John Ian was the showing of these are the voyages and again we watched it together.

A fantastic episode.

The following day we burried our son, and he was taken up the isle to 'its been a long road'

On his grave sits a model on the NX-01

The ending for me...space the final frontier...made me realise two things

1. What its all about
2. And how proud I was to be a part of Star Trek

It got me through alot!
Old 03-25-2008, 07:09 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta1701 View Post
Hello all,

I personally want to give you my views on the last few episodes of enterprise but I should warn you this is a story and a half.

I have been a star trek fan for about 20 years and I love it to bits, it really did shape some of who I am.

I want to take you back in time to a part of my life.

My partner and I lost a little boy at birth, we named him John Ian. After a few days we left hospital and came home. I went into management overdrive, checking work every ten mins, and organising everything I could get my hands on. Kas (my partner) saw that Enterprise was on and decided to 'make' me sit down to relax me.

We started to regret it when it was all about Trips and T'Pols child and cried most of the way through it...

But we decided to take something from it ( I will tell you what later)

A week passed, and the day before the funeral of John Ian was the showing of these are the voyages and again we watched it together.

A fantastic episode.

The following day we burried our son, and he was taken up the isle to 'its been a long road'

On his grave sits a model on the NX-01

The ending for me...space the final frontier...made me realise two things

1. What its all about
2. And how proud I was to be a part of Star Trek

It got me through alot!
Sorry for your loss. Death is always a tragedy, but even more so when you out live your children. Being a parent, I sympathize.

Great point at the end. This is what Trek is all about.

I liken it to the Christian Bible. There are people who take it literally, and those who read into it the "tall tales" for the message.

I am the later, and to me that is what Trek is about: the message.

Good for you to realize that this show is more than just the "new ship not looking like it did in the old series".