The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Enterprise > These Are The Voyages...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Fleet Admiral

If they had just let us see an hear the speech he was preparing all the time!!!

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Old 03-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Lieutenant

I think having it as a TNG sequel to the pegasus episode was a bad move by berman n braga,i like several of the scenes like when trip saved his captain and his friend's life by sacfricing his life,and the ending when we got to hear the 3 captains of the enterprise saying that famous line...space the final frontier......
Old 03-04-2008, 09:55 PM
Fleet Admiral

It had nothing to do with that episdoe.
I know I didn't get it. it was a purposeful attempt to meld the two.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Commander

Archer:

I saw the other thread you started where you gave your age. I can see how you would think that These Are The Voyages and I respect that you liked the ending. However, as a Trekkie who appreciates all Trek, I have to say it was a rather disappointing ending. If they wanted to go with a flashback idea, they should not have redone TNG's The Pegasus and gone back and forth with reality and the holodeck. It could have been an old Archer, or T'Pol.

I also am disappointed that they killed Trip. He was my favorite character, and I was SOOOOOO rooting for him and T'Pol.

I will agree that the 3 captains doing the "Space, the final frontier..." was actually a great moment and a good ending sequence.

But then again, this is something about Trek: all of the TV finales, except for All Good Things, weren't that great. Turnabout Intruder wasn't a "finale" episode. What You Leave Behind was sad, depressing, and just a kick in the genitals of fans who were hoping for the possiblity of DS9 cast members in a movie. And Endgame just left too many open ends and should have taken some time to explore life back on earth for the cast. I know I addressed this also.

But Archer, if you want a good Trek finale, watch All Good Things. It brought TNG to an end in a similar way to it began, had a good story, and ended on a great note, showing that life would move on.

Incidentally, you were only a couple of years older than me when These Are The Voyages aired than I was when All Good Things aired.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:28 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Oregon,

I, too, was really pissed about Trip's death. I'll admit, I watched "These are the Voyages" more with the mindset that I was watching TNG than Enterprise. For an ENTERPRISE episode, I'll agree, it sucked. But I just looked at it the best that I could, a series finale to all of Star Trek. Not just Enterprise, but the whole damn thing. And THAT is why I was so emotionally involved. Had I been watching it just for the Enterprise crew, I would have been enraged. How dare they kill off Trip like that, without a word of explanation as to why? I really think that was the reason the TNG characters were put in, to soften the blow. And, more or less, as a hidden message of "It's not real," which DOES piss me off.

Oh well. Ignorance is bliss, eh?

--ADMIRAL JONATHAN ARCHER--

Old 03-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Commander

I get what you're saying Archer...
Old 03-06-2008, 07:56 AM
Federation Councillor

I guess that "These are the Voyages" would have been better if they were going to use Riker and Troi, use contemporary versions of them. Not have actors who are visably 15 years older than the "Pegasus" episode try to play like it's still 1993.

They could have done the holo-stuff on the Titan (a minor redress of Enterprise-E sets would have created it well, and cheaply.) Riker could have had some problem there to deal with, that portion of it would have played better.

Well it was the early years of Starfleet and it's ships. As much as I was saddened by the loss of Tucker, it could have been done better.

I allwyas figured alot of these charaters gave their all in Earth-Romulan war, and some were lost.

I allways figured Archer would have found command again, or have made strides in Starfleet Academy, maybe serving as one of it's first famous Commandants? Or as Federation President?
Old 03-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Fleet Admiral

No way!
Use the original actors...not some look a likes.
don'tcha think that would have made it worse?

Old 03-07-2008, 04:22 PM
Federation Councillor

Saquist-

Huh???
Old 03-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Archer View Post
Oregon,

I, too, was really pissed about Trip's death. I'll admit, I watched "These are the Voyages" more with the mindset that I was watching TNG than Enterprise. For an ENTERPRISE episode, I'll agree, it sucked. But I just looked at it the best that I could, a series finale to all of Star Trek. Not just Enterprise, but the whole damn thing. And THAT is why I was so emotionally involved. Had I been watching it just for the Enterprise crew, I would have been enraged. How dare they kill off Trip like that, without a word of explanation as to why? I really think that was the reason the TNG characters were put in, to soften the blow. And, more or less, as a hidden message of "It's not real," which DOES piss me off.

Oh well. Ignorance is bliss, eh?
I had the same thoughts about the TNG characters, lol but really did not mind Trip getting killed.