The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > RUMOR Trek XI interiors don't match TOS version
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2008, 02:02 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Default RUMOR Trek XI interiors don't match TOS version

Okay, to start off, I don't have a link to the site where I read this, and I don't even remember which site the article was on, so you're just going to have to take my word for it.

This is primarily a response to what I've been reading around lately, and I've noticed that a whole lot of people say that they will be really upset if the interior of the new Enterprise looks very much different from the TOS version. Sorry, guys, but from what I've heard, you're probably gonna be disappointed--the interior supposedly looks NOTHING LIKE the TOS version.

Here's what I've heard: this article I read on some Trek news site featured an interview with one of the production designers responsible for designing the Enterprise interiors, such as the bridge and transporter rooms. She reportedly said something to the effect of "I didn't know that the interior had to match the series version at all." To match this line, the actor who plays Captain Kirk on "NEW VOYAGES" got an exclusive tour the new Enterprise set, and said that, while he appreciated the creative differences between his production and Trek XI, one thing he disliked was the bridge, which he said looked very different from anything he'd seen before. While he confirmed that the ships and uniforms were spot-on perfect, he said of the new bridge "It's not how I would have done it at all."

So, to clear things up, this sounds like the new Enterprise interiors will not only be unlike the TOS version, but really unlike ANY other bridge on Star Trek. While this doesn't bother me at all, I know that most of you will probably be seething about this. You probably won't believe me, since I don't have the links or any solid evidence, I'm just saying this is what I've heard. You can term this a 'rumor' if you want, it wouldn't bother me at all. Just thought I should bring up what I've heard, however apocryphal it may sound.

--ADMIRAL JONATHAN ARCHER--

Old 03-02-2008, 02:19 AM
Midshipman

As long as the Captains Seat is not at a corner of the room high up and the helm is not facing away from the view screen than the bridge will be fine.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:35 AM
Fleet Admiral

You are right, I read that as well on trekmovie.com

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Old 03-02-2008, 05:33 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnofwar4 View Post
As long as the Captains Seat is not at a corner of the room high up and the helm is not facing away from the view screen than the bridge will be fine.

Exactly - the "center seat" must remain where it's always been!
Old 03-02-2008, 05:41 AM
Fleet Admiral

I thought this wouldn't bother me but the more I read the more I'm bothered.
We have a major screw up here.
AND YES...we can theorize endlessly that the bridge could have been changed but I really really hate having to that.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:04 AM
Rear Admiral

You have to keep in mind TOS was just a low budget TV show, the past movies did not even look like TOS sets.

If any of you have TMP Directors Edition, look at the bonus features and they cover that topic back in 1979.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:15 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir num nums View Post
You have to keep in mind TOS was just a low budget TV show, the past movies did not even look like TOS sets.

If any of you have TMP Directors Edition, look at the bonus features and they cover that topic back in 1979.
Very true but the fact remains that with the TOS movies(TMP to be exact) the Enterprise had undergone a MAJOR refit which provided a reasonable explanayion as to the design changes.

With TREK XI they are changing them just because they want to.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:50 AM
Midshipman

Get over yourselves. Come on. Changing the whole layout is a good thing. TOS Enterprise looked like dren.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:07 AM
Ensign

People just need to keep an open mind. So long as the Captains chair is in the middle, its all going to be good.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Midshipman

Personally id like to see a different view of the bridge