The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Comments & Suggestions > what i wish to see in star trek xii
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2009, 10:44 PM
Commander

Yep, I recall it too. The guy's used to drinks from several centuries in the future - today's beer would probably seem coarse, unrefined and horribly impure compared to what he's used to.

Old 12-15-2013, 11:21 AM
Midshipman

Default Strange things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbler View Post
I understand what you're saying. The trouble is when you actually pick through your suggestions, it doesn't really illuminate very much what you would actually include. New worlds, new civilisations, strange things. Sounds cool but what would actually happen? Story can't exist without some kind of conflict, where would this come from? I'm not saying that Star Trek films have to always be about fighting but there has to be some kind of high stakes danger, surely? The Next Generation had a big asteroid threatening a planet of English speaking aliens with five nostrils wearing bacofoil suits but for me that felt rather tame and uninteresting. Not trying to be negative, I think you perfectly summed up a feeling that TOS engendered in me when I was a kid. All I can say is I'm glad I'm not in the hot seat for writing the next one!
I would like also something like "devil in the dark". the feeling should be a little bit more like "alien(s)". just imagine, the "monsters" could go to be the friends of kirk an co. after all! They could help them to solve a conflict with their wisdom (or with their weapons...). After all I think, screenwriters have written so great stories in the last 50 years.... Think about "dead poets society", "Logan?s run", "the pursuit of happiness", "Gattaca" and so on. Those stories based on scripts I would never be able to write! BUT someone was! So .... why not bringing back a little bit more niveau to Star Trek? Meanwhile it has a little bit too much of a "big screen pc game". I still like it, but the third movie will decide a lot about "Star Trek?s" Future, I guess.

My english is not the best.... sorry for that.