The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > The Next Generation > Remember Next Gen on TNN?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2008, 08:06 AM
Rear Admiral

Angry Remember Next Gen on TNN?

When I first heard that Star Trek: The Next Generation was going to be on TNN, I was so thrilled! I had my blank VHS tapes all ready to go, and hoped to have a great time seeing a show that dissapeared long before I became a fan of Star Trek. It wasn't until Insurrection that I became a fan of Next Generation, let alone Star Trek.

Anyway, I was so dissapointed with that damn bar that was always on the bottom of the screen telling you what you were watching. I mean, I think it was pretty obvious what I was watching, and even if it wasn't I didn't think we needed a big-*** bar on the bottom of the screen saying: ST:TNG TNN. If the bar came up every once in a while it would have been okay, but this bar didn't move! And worst of all, it compacted the screen, stretching everything out in order for both to fit. Everytime an episode started, I hoped to Zion that that bar wouldn't be there. But after a few seconds, it was there and the screen moved up in order to compensate with it. What kind of crap was this? And now, thank god they show it on Spike without anything making the screen compacted, but now they don't have anymore Next Gen marathons or anything of the sort. Man, those were good times when Next Gen was on TNN, but everytime I think of it, that bar always pops into my head!

J.J. "Binks" Abrams is taking over sci-fi!
Fans Expendable
Old 03-01-2008, 08:17 AM
Rear Admiral

That bar also the squashed the screen up a little as well making the actors a little wider than they should have been.

I liked TNN a lot better than Spike TV. The only thing Spike TV plays are dumb police videos and stunts gone wrong all day.

They do not even play TNG in the mornings anymore, and they moved DS9 to 1AM Mon-Wed.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:22 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir num nums View Post
That bar also the squashed the screen up a little as well making the actors a little wider than they should have been.

I liked TNN a lot better than Spike TV. The only thing Spike TV plays are dumb police videos and stunts gone wrong all day.

They do not even play TNG in the mornings anymore, and they moved DS9 to 1AM Mon-Wed.
That is just insulting, what they did!

J.J. "Binks" Abrams is taking over sci-fi!
Fans Expendable
Old 03-05-2008, 10:54 PM
Commander

If you get Dish Network and live on the West Coast, you can catch DS9 at 10pm (yeah for some reason, Dish Network doesn't seem to have multiple satellites for multiple regions so that things will broadcast at advertized times).

I used to make comments on Star Trek and TNG 2.0 on G4. I miss that.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:32 PM
Midshipman

So sad about TNG not running anywhere. So, so sad. Spike used to play TNG and DS9 all afternoon which was fantastic. Now there is the occasional Voyager episode during the afternoons, which I hate to say, is the only Star Trek series I can't watch.
"In this galaxy, there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more, only one of each of us." Dr. McCoy
Old 03-26-2008, 03:31 PM
Rear Admiral

DS9 comes on way too late, and I think every now and then G4 will play TNG.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir num nums View Post
DS9 comes on way too late, and I think every now and then G4 will play TNG.
yeah, the only one who watches it, is my dad when he gets up at 4:00 am, when he can't get back to sleep, which always occurs....

"Tickle us do we not Laugh? Prick us do we not Bleed? Wrong us shall we not Revenge" -General Chang Star Trek VI, quoted from Shakespeare
Old 03-27-2008, 01:38 PM
Captain

I miss the G4 ones to. Although I never posted during an episode, I did like seeing everyone elses!

The only way I get to see DS9, VOY, or TNG now is to set my DVR to record them. They're either on when I'm asleep or at work!

And then theres ENT....it slams my DVR with 4 episodes every Monday night! Spread out the the shows!!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 01:45 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage75 View Post
I miss the G4 ones to. Although I never posted during an episode, I did like seeing everyone elses!

The only way I get to see DS9, VOY, or TNG now is to set my DVR to record them. They're either on when I'm asleep or at work!

And then theres ENT....it slams my DVR with 4 episodes every Monday night! Spread out the the shows!!!!
Same Here, the only time I can see a Star Trek Episode is Voyager at 4 and 5pm on Spike, and ENT on Monday 7 to 10...... of course I have Boy Scouts on Mondays........

"Tickle us do we not Laugh? Prick us do we not Bleed? Wrong us shall we not Revenge" -General Chang Star Trek VI, quoted from Shakespeare