The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > ''Amazoned'' - The Policeman and the Professor
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2009, 12:17 PM
Lieutenant

Default ''Amazoned'' - The Policeman and the Professor

Having been the one who started the thread/topic, and having myself warned a couple times that things were trending away from the spirit in which I launched the thread and toward this unfortunate end, apparently I was prophetic and the topic was ''Amazoned'' without even a courtesy PM to me as to why.

Of all the forums/boards I've been involved with Star Trek-wise, this one had been particularly--even surprisingly--tolerant, and I have never had a thread/topic I have started here vaporized. Never.

Sadly I can no longer say this now and while the ''powers that be'' can certainly do as they will (and did), and since there is/was never free speech and/or expression every implied, provided for or otherwise extended here, the sad result is the age old ''chilling effect'' it will have on people like myself, who will no longer want to risk the extra thought, time and care to contribute meaningfully only to have their words end up in a warehouse next to the Lost Ark, several illegally seized films of Dealey Plaza taken by citizens on November 22, 1963, Elvis, Bigfoot, UFOs, and perhaps even the missing 18-minutes of the Nixon tapes.

The good thing is that here we can now look forward to a lot of lively intellectual debate over red versus blue nacelles, old versus new Klingons and Star Trek versus Star Wars debates and bad spelling. There's always a ''silver lining'' (also once referred to as the ''Iron Curtain'').
Old 07-26-2009, 12:24 PM
Federation Councillor

It's probably also safe to swap Fairy Cake recipes - unless we get into 'your granny's recipe is **** and my granny's is better'

courtesy of Saquist
Old 07-26-2009, 12:31 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Storm Pictures View Post

The good thing is that here we can now look forward to a lot of lively intellectual debate over red versus blue nacelles, old versus new Klingons and Star Trek versus Star Wars debates and bad spelling. There's always a ''silver lining'' (also once referred to as the ''Iron Curtain'').

I am also ticked off by the "professor" thread being deleted. Have you seen my "Not Again!" thread? Maybe we should ask the mods to combine the two threads!? That would be funny.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:39 PM
Fleet Admiral

Unless that thread took an ugly turn from the last time I saw it, it seemed like a perfectly reasonable current events thread to me.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:04 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tom Coughlin View Post
Unless that thread took an ugly turn from the last time I saw it, it seemed like a perfectly reasonable current events thread to me.
I was up into the middle of the night last night and it hadn't turned ugly. Even if it had, why not just delete the offending posts and slap the member with a warning or violation? This thread deleting is getting crazy.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:49 PM
Commander

This is a conspiracy, Paramount doesn't want any topics people have to think and deliver differentiated opinions and explain their opinions,..., because the people then could come on the idea to also demand movies they can think about instead of thoughtless Blockbusters. They want to keep us mediocre, so that they can sell us everything
Old 07-27-2009, 04:03 AM
Federation Councillor

We all as a society should learn IDIC, and practice it.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:19 AM
Vice Admiral

My "not again" thread was deleted!! How ironic is that!?

I really need to take some time off from this forum. Trek is great and I love talking about it, but real life is so much more interesting. It seems we can't have polite discussions anymore as long as there is a hint of disagreement. I'm rather disappointed. There are lots of smart, thoughtful people here and it seems such a waste to limit them to topics like "Star Trek -vs- Transformers" or "what about trek XII".

I really, really think ST Redshirt has been replaced by a Nazi or has a new Nazi manager breathing over her shoulder now. (Of course I am NOT implying a LITERAL Nazi!! So nobody get all ticked off, okay)
Old 07-28-2009, 03:47 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ1701 View Post
My "not again" thread was deleted!! How ironic is that!?

I really need to take some time off from this forum. Trek is great and I love talking about it, but real life is so much more interesting. It seems we can't have polite discussions anymore as long as there is a hint of disagreement. I'm rather disappointed. There are lots of smart, thoughtful people here and it seems such a waste to limit them to topics like "Star Trek -vs- Transformers" or "what about trek XII".

I really, really think ST Redshirt has been replaced by a Nazi or has a new Nazi manager breathing over her shoulder now. (Of course I am NOT implying a LITERAL Nazi!! So nobody get all ticked off, okay)
Is it more like the "soup nazi" from Sinefeild?