The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Xbox 360 officially SUCKS!!!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Fleet Admiral

Default Xbox 360 officially SUCKS!!!

With a 15 percent manufacturer failure rate, I can see why.

My new Xbox 360 Elite, which I may have used a TOTAL of 10 times has been acting up for the last five. It now has difficulty reading game discs. My games are immaculate, and my system is hardly used.....and yet, it has difficulty reading discs.

Before that, I had a Resident Evil 5 Special Edition 360 Elite. Kept freezing up during cutscenes. I traded that in for the new Elite I spoke of above.

My current 360 Arcade that has lasted longer than any of the 360's I've owned is the only one that seems to be working halfway properly.

Before that I had a regular Xbox 360 Pro that gave up the ghost with its disc driver after a couple years of use.

I don't give a frak what kind of offers Micro$haft has out for "repairing your 360"....they should release a quality product in the first freakin' place...that works right the first time.....OUT OF THE BOX!

And yet I've only owned one Sony PS3 (original 60GB model) and it still runs like a top. During that time, I've owned four Xbox 360's.

Speaking strictly as a consumer. I used to really love Xbox 360, but with all these frak ups (and I take VERY GOOD care of my consoles), I'm inclined to steer away from it.

Which I obviously won't because the ONLY thing 360 has going for it are some good games....and I love to play games...not to mention there are some killer exclusives coming out.

So, I guess I'll be the glutton for punishment again, and buy another 360, and pray to God that it frakking WORKS like it's SUPPOSED TO.

Can't tell I'm a bit peeved?

Old 07-23-2009, 08:41 PM
Lieutenant Commander

I have a PS3 too. The original 60 gig model. Had it for nearly 3 years now. Never had a single problem with it.

My friends have gone through many 360s in that same time frame. Cus they're gluttons for punishment.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:35 PM
Vice Admiral

Advice: dont buy any more XBOX consoles.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Banned

PlayStation is where it's at, my man. However, I'm no expert on video games.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:20 AM
Fleet Admiral

Heh...update...actually, it started playing the disc after I let it warm up a few minutes. It's not really cold in this house....but maybe it was a bit too cool for the 360.

In any case, after it warmed up, I was able to start playing it.

A few days ago, I had installed "Red Faction: Guerilla" to my 360's HDD to cut down on the running of the disc drive. Obviously, it still needs the disc for authentication, but when the disc drive starts to act up, I can't even play the game from the HDD.

So, the 360 just got a new lease on life. For how long is anyone's guess.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:17 AM
Vice Admiral

Well, They certainly fixed that cooling problem! Mine went after 3 years, and if it werent for all the games we have on 360, it would be ps3. Also, project Natal looks good. I wish Microsoft would take the time to test out every problem, instead of rushing stuff into the market.. AKA Windows Vista. (7 looks good, even though i wish theyd just add to xp)

Old 07-24-2009, 05:27 AM
Vice Admiral

well i have both...ps3 is better
Old 07-24-2009, 05:48 AM
Vice Admiral

xbox would've been much more successful if they wouldve taken the time to explore every tiny problem before releasing, same with windows.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:18 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
So, I guess I'll be the glutton for punishment again, and buy another 360, and pray to God that it frakking WORKS like it's SUPPOSED TO.
Come on Martok!! Man up!! You need to sell your damn 360 games and NOT buy another 360. You are just asking for more grief if you buy another one. What makes you think a 5th 360 will work any better than the previous 4? It amazes me that people are still stupid enough to buy those things. Their failure rate is public knowledge. The 360 deserves to die a sudden death. Not because it is a gaming system, but because it is a poor product. I would NEVER stick with the same brand or model if it failed more than once. Who would buy the same dishwasher, TV, vacuum cleaner, etc... if it kept breaking??? You're too smart to buy another 360. If you really feel the urge to throw your money away, I can PM you my address. I take checks, cash, and money orders. I promise to put the money to good use.