The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Space - a bit dull really!!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Commander

Default Space - a bit dull really!!

isn't it though.

there are no lighsabres or Spocks or Vorlons.
if there are aliens I'm willingly to bet they're not even as insteresting as a Pakled.

in the old days you board a ship and set of on adventure. didn't need to even be able to read because they'd take any freak wanted to go. or sometimes even ones who didn't.

no chance of that these days.
what are they doing up there anyway? can they even have sex? could that kill you up there?
Old 07-20-2009, 02:04 PM
Ensign

Sex in space is very difficult without gravity, there's a distinct possibility of penile fracture, and you can't be intimate because couples would fly off each other, and it just would not be sexy at all.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:23 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftysaxdude View Post
Sex in space is very difficult without gravity, there's a distinct possibility of penile fracture, and you can't be intimate because couples would fly off each other, and it just would not be sexy at all.
Wanna bet? Where there is a will there is a way. As soon as there are a large number of couples in space someone will market things that will get the job done. Maybe the various harnesses and such that will probably be required will make 'bondage in space' a necessity instead of kinky.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:28 PM
Commander

Oh but there is so much beauty, and perhaps elements, plants, animals and minerals we know nothing about that could produce foods and medicines and building materials that could boggle the mind. And all of those beautiful galaxies, all different like snowflakes, and nebulas, star clusters, stellar cloud formations, natural works of art that rival those of the Renaissance. Not to mention that there's a chance there just might be somebody else out there that we can enjoy them with. With all due respect, no, I don't think space is dull at all.

Last edited by MonsieurHood : 07-20-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:45 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsieurHood View Post
Not to mention that there's a chance there just might be somebody else out there that we can enjoy them with. With all due respect, no, I don't think space is dull at all.
Sure. Someone out there who wants to eat our brains. That wouldnt be dull either. Well the spoons they use to scoop up our brains will be.

"To Serve Man"
"To Eat Woman"
Old 07-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsieurHood View Post
Oh but there is so much beauty, and perhaps elements, plants, animals and minerals we know nothing about that could produce foods and medicines and building materials that could boggle the mind. And all of those beautiful galaxies, all different like snowflakes, and nebulas, star clusters, stellar cloud formations, natural works of art that rival those the Renaissance. Not to mention that there's a chance there just might be somebody else out there that we can enjoy them with. With all due respect, no, I don't think space is dull at all.
but no pirates, and I can't handle the the thought of no space pirates
Old 07-20-2009, 03:25 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
Sure. Someone out there who wants to eat our brains.
we can only hope. imagine if we me contact a new species who turned out to be absolutely boring - a whole race of Father Austin Purcells
Old 07-20-2009, 03:34 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftysaxdude View Post
dear sweet heavens, "penile fracture".

back in the day (a Wednesday apparently) scurvey was the thing to worry about, but at least you could still... you know...!!! (won't that new show DEFYING GRAVITY feature astronaut sex in space - Ron Livingston is in it so I'm assuming so because constantly doing it in everything except BAND OF BROTHERS where he was too drunk to even try anyway)

the ISS passed overhead earlier on - what's the point of a space station with no cannons

Last edited by DammitJim : 07-20-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DammitJim View Post
we can only hope. imagine if we me contact a new species who turned out to be absolutely boring - a whole race of Father Austin Purcells
How'bout the Ashen in Stargate SG1? Man, they were boring! I want to meet some Tholians.

"Death, delicious strawberry flavored death!"
Old 07-20-2009, 03:42 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingston View Post
How'bout the Ashen in Stargate SG1? Man, they were boring! I want to meet some Tholians.
I'm a Wookie man.

I mean I'm a fan, not that I'm hairy