The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Should the Next Movie Have a TNG Cameo?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should a TNG Character Appear in the Next Trek Movie?
Yes. 15 19.23%
Undecided. 7 8.97%
No. 56 71.79%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2009, 07:15 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futureguy View Post
Didn't think of that. Knowing that she could, there could have been some serious discussions with Spock Prime about cluing in SF about future events. I am going with the fact that she did not apparently clue SF in on the Borg even after she "joined" in with her role in 10 Foward. Was there a reason she would not have or is it just that the writers did not make her connection with the Borg until later? She did keep silent to Picard about their role in past SanFrancisco for a few hundred years while waiting for the events to transpire.
Which would mean that she would have knowledge of the original timeline from having interacted with Picard and Data, but now would find herself in the now altered timeline with the curiosity of how those events would or would not play out?

Owww! I'm getting a headache! This is causing me to think too deeply! :-)
Old 07-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Owww! I'm getting a headache! This is causing me to think too deeply! :-)
You shouldnt delve into paradoxes like that.

But the solution is to think up something simple that sounds reasonable to you. And dont worry about proving it.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Didn't think of that. Knowing that she could, there could have been some serious discussions with Spock Prime about cluing in SF about future events. I am going with the fact that she did not apparently clue SF in on the Borg even after she "joined" in with her role in 10 Foward. Was there a reason she would not have or is it just that the writers did not make her connection with the Borg until later? She did keep silent to Picard about their role in past SanFrancisco for a few hundred years while waiting for the events to transpire.
It's possible she was observing her own version of the Temporal Prime Directive.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:54 PM
Ensign

TNG Should stay in TNG and lets leave it at that.

"James T. Kirk was considered to be a great man, who went on to captain the USS Enterprise... but that was another life. A life I will deprive you of just like I did your father!"
- Nero
Old 07-13-2009, 12:49 AM
Ensign

no

they should just make another tng movie and forget about the recent silliness.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:13 AM
Lieutenant

Definitely not; no cameo crossovers from TNG. It would just come across as being forced - kinda' like Col. Worf in STVI (one of the very few things I didn't love about that movie). It makes the whole Trek Universe seem a little small & inbred. Please steer clear of this kind of kitsch.

Last edited by CDH-313 : 07-13-2009 at 01:17 AM.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:48 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDH-313 View Post
Definitely not; no cameo crossovers from TNG. It would just come across as being forced - kinda' like Col. Worf in STVI (one of the very few things I didn't love about that movie). It makes the whole Trek Universe seem a little small & inbred. Please steer clear of this kind of kitsch.

I could go with a precurser to TNG. Not with people, but visuals of ships being planed: Galaxy class ship model prototypes, TMP model prototypes. The Pikard family wine was also a good example.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:27 AM
Ensign

Quote:
I could go with a precurser to TNG. Not with people, but visuals of ships being planed: Galaxy class ship model prototypes, TMP model prototypes. The Pikard family wine was also a good example.
Why? We're still years off from even seeing the Excelsior on the drawing board. Galaxy is pushing it. No.

I do like the easter egg idea though, someone had mentioned little things, sort of the way Admiral Archer and his continued affection for Beagles was mentioned. That's good fun.

Earlier characters like T'Pol would be appropriate supporting characters, and if the story continued to follow events after the recent Vulcan genocide, it would be viable. TNG Characters already had their "baton pass" with the Countdown Series- which worked fine. But anymore would be overkill. Plus it creates the perception that the new cast cannot succeed without boosters from previous Treks.

However, I would like to see other favorites and random actors from other Sci-Fi movies/shows make cameos. I think there was at least one Stargate Atlantis character, and a few others.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:51 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Stormtrooper View Post
Why? We're still years off from even seeing the Excelsior on the drawing board. Galaxy is pushing it. No.

I do like the easter egg idea though, someone had mentioned little things, sort of the way Admiral Archer and his continued affection for Beagles was mentioned. That's good fun.

Earlier characters like T'Pol would be appropriate supporting characters, and if the story continued to follow events after the recent Vulcan genocide, it would be viable. TNG Characters already had their "baton pass" with the Countdown Series- which worked fine. But anymore would be overkill. Plus it creates the perception that the new cast cannot succeed without boosters from previous Treks.

However, I would like to see other favorites and random actors from other Sci-Fi movies/shows make cameos. I think there was at least one Stargate Atlantis character, and a few others.
Sureyl there would be so "hot" engineers that could be thinking of their "tomorrow's Stat Ship". Just a few prototype design flashes on walls or desks of something "familliar" but not concrete. Probably from the guys in R&D.

Just for fun...have ALF seen in the background working on the "new designs". (Just Kidding on this!)
Old 07-13-2009, 10:03 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Sureyl there would be so "hot" engineers that could be thinking of their "tomorrow's Stat Ship". Just a few prototype design flashes on walls or desks of something "familliar" but not concrete. Probably from the guys in R&D.

Just for fun...have ALF seen in the background working on the "new designs". (Just Kidding on this!)
Before Nimitz class carriers there was something call "Sea Control Ships" or something to that effect on the drawing board. It got far enough that there were basic designs. But after awhile they decided it wouldnt suit their needs and Nimitz was born. So if anything there would be some kind of ship somewhere but probably nothing like the finished product except for the typical saucer plus 3-cigar look.