The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Sci Fi Channel to Syfy Channel? What?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Rear Admiral

Question Sci Fi Channel to Syfy Channel? What?

Okay, after watching a preview for the latest season of Eureka, Sci Fi Channel is now going to be called Syfy. Are you serious? I mean, come on! I thought something was strange when they started showing WWE and then all of a sudden a James Bond movie just a few weeks ago! I swear. Now, as for the WWE I know that they've been showing ii on Sci Fi for quite some time now, but I thought that was going to be the one exception. But 007? lol I was with my friend flipping the channels and saw The Living Daylights on Sci Fi. I'm sorry, but what is Sci Fi about James Bond? If they showed any of the movies, it should have been Moonraker.

First of all, there's a reason why a channel should be called Sci Fi...because it shows science-fiction/fantasy shows. What is up with first showing WWE, then Bond and now changing it to Syfy? Okay, CourTV to truTV, that's fine. But...well you get the point haha!

J.J. "Binks" Abrams is taking over sci-fi!
Fans Expendable
Old 07-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Fleet Admiral

It's been a disappointment as a network, lots of really bad made for TV movies and not much else. Battlestar Galactica was it's highpoint, and hopefully Caprica will be as well. Aside from reruns of Star Trek it really doesn't offer much
Old 07-10-2009, 04:39 PM
Commander

I agree with Tom up there! SciFi has aleady been labeled by the mainstream as the geeky scifi channel that shows bad movies and crappy shows (aside from BSG, which is VERY popular)

SyFy is giving it a chance to possible renew its image. Possibly by not making so many ****ty movies. Or TV shows, for that matter. But from the looks, they're not really doing anything but changing the name. Soon SyFy will have the same stigma that SciFi did.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Rear Admiral

I still don't like the name change. They could have at least come up with a better logo. I was reading just now on Wikipedia that the change has a majority of viewers angered.

J.J. "Binks" Abrams is taking over sci-fi!
Fans Expendable
Old 07-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffs79 View Post
I agree with Tom up there! SciFi has aleady been labeled by the mainstream as the geeky scifi channel that shows bad movies and crappy shows (aside from BSG, which is VERY popular)

SyFy is giving it a chance to possible renew its image. Possibly by not making so many ****ty movies. Or TV shows, for that matter. But from the looks, they're not really doing anything but changing the name. Soon SyFy will have the same stigma that SciFi did.
Actually I think the name change is silly, it's still the same name just a silly spelling. If they really wanted to change their name and image, they should have just changed the name to something completely different.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Commander

New Logo ^^^

Old Logo ^^^^

Oldest Logo ^^^ (Kudos if you had a nostalgia attack)