The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > forum deleted?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffs79 View Post
When I first read this, I was like:

Not sure where you'd pick up on him being gay/atheist.
Fanwriter had started several threads here concerning Star Trek and how it treated homosexuality. Most of the threads ended up becoming flame wars because homophobes and religious fundamentalist people repeatedly stormed these threads with the most absurd statments and bigoted assertions, so the threads got locked by the moderators.

Thats what Fanwriter meant with "welcome to my world".

Last edited by Botany Bay : 07-06-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffs79 View Post
When I first read this, I was like:

Not sure where you'd pick up on him being gay/atheist.
Fanwritter has been around for while, he's quick to attack religious belief and he tends to make things a bit personal. He's also been apart of some extreme flaming on Evolution Thread.

That's how I know.
When he says "Welcome to my World." He means that is the discrimination he has to deal with. I can sympathize.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
Fanwritter has been around for while, he's quick to attack religious belief and he tends to make things a bit personal. He's also been apart of some extreme flaming on Evolution Thread.

That's how I know.
When he says "Welcome to my World." He means that is the discrimination he has to deal with. I can sympathize.
Just when you'd like to think we'd come so far...
Old 07-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post

That's how I know.
Pure irony, seems as you are the one who is flaming and personally attacking someone here.
If you post homophobic or creationst crap, people will object and point out that you wrote crap. Learn to live with it.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Cain View Post
Just when you'd like to think we'd come so far...
We haven't gone anywhere. We're going in circles.
The inability to talk rationally like in these situation is pure regression.
Is there any reason to think things will get better? Race is still an issue a hundred years later, women are still payed less than their male counterparts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
Pure irony, seems as you are the one who is flaming and personally attacking someone here.
If you post homophobic or creationst crap, people will object and point out that you wrote crap. Learn to live with it.
Horatio,

I reached out you to settle the issues privately.
You ignored that gesture.
Why aren't you satisfied?

Old 07-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Gesture, settle issues? I don't remember anything of that kind.

I don't like it when things get personal, but if you feel better after you have expressed you feelings about me or FanWriter or whoever, who am I to object.
Correction, Horatio, I have no feelings about you or FanWriter.
If you don't recall I Private Messeged your after you out burst about "Right Wing Nut," in the Evolution Thread which got it shut down. If you can't resolves your past issues why create more?

Last edited by Saquist : 07-06-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:23 PM
Fleet Admiral

I never called you a right wing nut, I rather called those guys who came up with the whole Creationism crap which you believe in right wing nuts. And I certainly have no desire to PM you about anything.

You needlessly attacked FanWriter in this thread, so for God's sake, don't pretend you have no feelings. Can we just stop this purposeless kindergarten style to and fro? That's all I am asking for.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
I never called you a right wing nut, I rather called those guys who came up with the whole Creationism crap which you believe in right wing nuts. And I certainly have no desire to PM you about anything.
I didn't say you called me anything. I said you made an outburst about "right-nut". A Freudian Slip Perhaps?
Those are the type of Emotional errors that I refer to. I'm sure that technicality only serves as your loophole.
You certainlly made it clear that you prefer your fight to be public rather than resolutionary.
Which means you are looking for conflict.
I am prepared. I will of course deflect any and all errors in your arguement.

Quote:
You needlessly attacked FanWriter in this thread, so for God's sake, don't pretend you have no feelings. Can we just stop this purposeless kindergarten style to and fro? That's all I am asking for.
Correction.
I stated the facts. He has stated openly he is Gay and He attacks Religion Openly. No insult was delivered by this one, Horatio. But you yourself are certainly an effective user of Flamebait.

I am Neither Creationist or Politically invovled.
I am Neutral.

Perhaps if it is your concern to protect FanWriter you should inform RedShirt of the issues instead of myself considering the schism in communication between the two us.

Last edited by Saquist : 07-06-2009 at 08:47 PM. Reason: For errors and ease of Understanding
Old 07-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Fleet Admiral

Go on and continue to call me and him trolls, flamers, or whatever else. I am neither interested in reviving a closed thread nor in personal, purposeless fights.

I can only repeat myself:
1) If you feel better after you have expressed you feelings about me or FanWriter or whoever, who am I to object.
2) Can we just stop this purposeless kindergarten style to and fro? That's all I am asking for.