The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > why does it happen?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 07-01-2009, 02:25 PM
DammitJim's Avatar
DammitJim DammitJim is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlin' Wolf View Post
That's horsesh*t. I've never met anyone of any religion who wasn't prepared to discuss and defend their faith if it was called into question. But don't worry yourself it'll never happen here for the very reason KJTrek stated. The rules allow the wishes of one side but censors the other sides point of view.
so much for freedom of speech this doesn't happen in Ireland, or on aicn.com
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-01-2009, 02:25 PM
Botany Bay's Avatar
Botany Bay Botany Bay is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Berlin
Posts: 2,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DammitJim View Post
you have absolutely no right whatsoever to say anybody is ignorant.
especially considering you were unable to offer any valid scientific explanations for your views. links to other people's websites don't count. "standing on the shoulder's of giants..." and all that.
I tell you the earth is round because photos proove it. If I now post a link to such photos, do you refuse them with the argument I havent made the photos and "standing on the shoulders of giants" doesnt count?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DammitJim View Post
the "scientist" element here has it's own pucker factor to deal with.

why not forbid science related topics too?
You are kidding, right? What "scientist" element are you talking about? What does that mean, "scientist" element?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DammitJim View Post
so now your telling me I don't believe in Santa Claus!!

the pucker factor goes all the way up to 11.
So, you do believe Santa Claus brings the gifts at christmas? With the reindeers, down the chimney?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlin' Wolf View Post
That's horsesh*t. I've never met anyone of any religion who wasn't prepared to discuss and defend their faith if it was called into question.
The same is true for atheists, they will also make the case for their views and reasons, so your initial point is obviously invalid.

Last edited by Botany Bay : 07-01-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-01-2009, 02:32 PM
Howlin' Wolf's Avatar
Howlin' Wolf Howlin' Wolf is offline
Lieutenant Commander
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Outpost #31
Posts: 753
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DammitJim View Post
so much for freedom of speech this doesn't happen in Ireland, or on aicn.com

Your only allowed as much freedom as the admins wish, on any forum.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Howlin' Wolf's Avatar
Howlin' Wolf Howlin' Wolf is offline
Lieutenant Commander
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Outpost #31
Posts: 753
Default

Ok I can't play Devil's Advocate with someone who took a serious question and turned it into the debunking of Santa Claus. I guess the Easter Bunny will get his next. Have fun.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-01-2009, 02:56 PM
DammitJim's Avatar
DammitJim DammitJim is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botany Bay View Post
I tell you the earth is round because photos proove it. If I now post a link to such photos, do you refuse them with the argument I havent made the photos and "standing on the shoulders of giants" doesnt count?
so you've based your believe on someone else's photos? you've taken someone else's word for it? "shoulders of giants" to be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botany Bay View Post
You are kidding, right? What "scientist" element are you talking about? What does that mean, "scientist" element?
the element that thinks nothing of insulting the beliefs of others even when they can't explain their own. and why not forbid scientific topics if religion and politics can be banned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botany Bay View Post
So, you do believe Santa Claus brings the gifts at christmas? With the reindeers, down the chimney?
of course not. not everyone has chimney's.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-01-2009, 02:58 PM
DammitJim's Avatar
DammitJim DammitJim is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlin' Wolf View Post
Ok I can't play Devil's Advocate with someone who took a serious question and turned it into the debunking of Santa Claus. I guess the Easter Bunny will get his next. Have fun.
I guess my question was answered by example
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Botany Bay's Avatar
Botany Bay Botany Bay is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Berlin
Posts: 2,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DammitJim View Post

the element that thinks nothing of insulting the beliefs of others even when they can't explain their own. and why not forbid scientific topics if religion and politics can be banned?
Where have your beliefs been insulted?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-01-2009, 03:10 PM
DammitJim's Avatar
DammitJim DammitJim is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botany Bay View Post
Where have your beliefs been insulted?
it's not ALL about me you know...

but the fact that I can't discuss my beliefs is insulting in itself
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-01-2009, 03:14 PM
Botany Bay's Avatar
Botany Bay Botany Bay is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Berlin
Posts: 2,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DammitJim View Post
it's not ALL about me you know...

but the fact that I can't discuss my beliefs is insulting in itself
So, why do you say there is a "scientist" element on these boards here that is only interested in insulting your beliefs while your beliefs have not been insulted at all? Whos belief has been insulted, with what statement?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-01-2009, 03:15 PM
DammitJim's Avatar
DammitJim DammitJim is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botany Bay View Post
...why do you say there is a "scientist" element on these boards here that is only interested in insulting your beliefes......

I didn't say that at all, now your making stuff up
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:05 AM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.