The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Which eyebrow is Spock supposed to raise?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 07-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Futureguy Futureguy is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranCat View Post
I can do the Vulcan salute with both hands, but I cannot even raise my eyebrows, IF I am thinking about them....my friends say I can do the Spock brow, but I can't seem to do it in front of a mirror, so I don't know for sure on that. I can do a really good Elvis sneer, though...sorta like Khan.
I wonder if Spock as a child had to practice this "gesture".

Get up...meditate...look in mirror and practice eyebrow thing. :-)
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-01-2009, 10:35 PM
Samuel Samuel is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,883
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futureguy View Post
Get up...meditate...look in mirror and practice eyebrow thing. :-)
I'm sure thats how The Rock did it.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Futureguy Futureguy is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
I'm sure thats how The Rock did it.
He should be brought in as a Vulcan "Enforcer". Instead of using logic to solve problems, he would use a unique Vulcan "mind meld" to achieve results.

ie:

A severe head butt!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-04-2009, 03:27 AM
theGeekKing's Avatar
theGeekKing theGeekKing is offline
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 255
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futureguy View Post
He should be brought in as a Vulcan "Enforcer". Instead of using logic to solve problems, he would use a unique Vulcan "mind meld" to achieve results.

ie:

A severe head butt!
ahh, yes.

the less-well-known-but-just-as-effective-for-making-them-see-your-side-of-things Vulcan Forehead Meld.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-04-2009, 09:24 AM
Vallery's Avatar
Vallery Vallery is offline
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mid-Ohio Valley
Posts: 203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGeekKing View Post
ahh, yes.

the less-well-known-but-just-as-effective-for-making-them-see-your-side-of-things Vulcan Forehead Meld.
Speaking of, does anyone else think it's completely hot that Vulcans are not only super-intelligent and controlled, but are also quite strong as well? Generally in fantasy or sci-fi the characters with any substantial intelligence are generally nerfed as being reasonably weak physically, but you really don't see such balance with Vulcans.
__________________
Questions of science, science and progress, do not speak as loud as my heart...
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-04-2009, 09:37 AM
Kiko Kea Kiko Kea is offline
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Paradise
Posts: 464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallery View Post
Speaking of, does anyone else think it's completely hot that Vulcans are not only super-intelligent and controlled, but are also quite strong as well? Generally in fantasy or sci-fi the characters with any substantial intelligence are generally nerfed as being reasonably weak physically, but you really don't see such balance with Vulcans.
Oh, yes....that quiet strength thing going on.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-04-2009, 10:33 AM
DevilEyes's Avatar
DevilEyes DevilEyes is offline
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallery View Post
Speaking of, does anyone else think it's completely hot that Vulcans are not only super-intelligent and controlled, but are also quite strong as well? Generally in fantasy or sci-fi the characters with any substantial intelligence are generally nerfed as being reasonably weak physically, but you really don't see such balance with Vulcans.
Exceptional physical strength and stamina + enhanced senses + amazing mental powers - telepathy, mind-melds, etc. and mental links with their mates (stands to reason that they can *figure out* what their mate desires, without words...) + incredibly strong and intense emotions... = ooooooh *fans self*
__________________
Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Admiral Sisko's Avatar
Admiral Sisko Admiral Sisko is offline
Ensign
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilEyes View Post
Exceptional physical strength and stamina + enhanced senses + amazing mental powers - telepathy, mind-melds, etc. and mental links with their mates (stands to reason that they can *figure out* what their mate desires, without words...) + incredibly strong and intense emotions... = ooooooh *fans self*
Clean up on Aisle 47.
__________________
Christopher Pike: Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's and yours. I dare you to do better.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Tberry's Avatar
Tberry Tberry is offline
Ensign
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallery View Post
Speaking of, does anyone else think it's completely hot that Vulcans are not only super-intelligent and controlled, but are also quite strong as well? Generally in fantasy or sci-fi the characters with any substantial intelligence are generally nerfed as being reasonably weak physically, but you really don't see such balance with Vulcans.
Vulcans = nerds who can kick butt. Who could resist that?
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07-04-2009, 11:01 PM
theGeekKing's Avatar
theGeekKing theGeekKing is offline
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 255
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tberry View Post
Vulcans = nerds who can kick butt. Who could resist that?
roughly translated, means "Vulcans = Mary Sue species who only came about because some geek got a few too many swirlies in high school"
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:10 PM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.