The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Chris Pine ends up on Farragut
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-26-2009, 08:35 AM
chator's Avatar
chator chator is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,245
Default Chris Pine ends up on Farragut

Farragut North that is, debuting last night on stage in Los Angeles. The link below has images.

http://www.playbill.com/multimedia/gallery//556/?pnum=1
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-26-2009, 09:24 AM
T'Pau's Avatar
T'Pau T'Pau is offline
Ensign
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 63
Default

He's getting great reviews too. LA Times this morning was very kind.
__________________
"This fight is unbearably campy!"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-26-2009, 09:25 AM
Maxum Maxum is offline
Ensign
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 53
Default

From what I've read in the LA Times, Variety, and the Hollywood Reporter, he's getting rave reviews for his performance. I'm kind of happy to see him go into a low budget theater performance. It just shows me that he's really serious about acting and not into the "I need to become a star" mentality that permeates young Hollywood. Heck, I heard he was still going to acting classes just before the play opened, despite being in the biggest hit of the summer (so far). I like that. It shows humility.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Lady Vaako's Avatar
Lady Vaako Lady Vaako is offline
Lieutenant Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: William Shatner's birthplace (seriously)
Posts: 878
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxum View Post
I'm kind of happy to see him go into a low budget theater performance. It just shows me that he's really serious about acting and not into the "I need to become a star" mentality that permeates young Hollywood.
You're absolutely right. I read on one website dedicated to him that he and Chris Noth took a huge paycut to do this play so it tells you that they did it because they really wanted to regardless of the paycut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxum View Post
Heck, I heard he was still going to acting classes just before the play opened, despite being in the biggest hit of the summer (so far). I like that. It shows humility.
He was.... Here he is, leaving acting class on May 29.

__________________
Uhura - "And here I thought you were just some dumb hick who only had sex with farm animals."
Kirk -
"Well... not only..."

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-26-2009, 10:58 AM
Maxum Maxum is offline
Ensign
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Vaako View Post
You're absolutely right. I read on one website dedicated to him that he and Chris Noth took a huge paycut to do this play so it tells you that they did it because they really wanted to regardless of the paycut.



He was.... Here he is, leaving acting class on May 29.


Thanks for confirming, Lady! He looks nice in that picture, btw, although I can't see his eyes. It should be against the law for that man to wear sunglasses and hide those blue eyes.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Lady Vaako's Avatar
Lady Vaako Lady Vaako is offline
Lieutenant Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: William Shatner's birthplace (seriously)
Posts: 878
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxum View Post
Thanks for confirming, Lady! He looks nice in that picture, btw, although I can't see his eyes. It should be against the law for that man to wear sunglasses and hide those blue eyes.
You mean, these wonderful blue eyes?...



Sorry, I just couldn't resist...
__________________
Uhura - "And here I thought you were just some dumb hick who only had sex with farm animals."
Kirk -
"Well... not only..."

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-26-2009, 12:44 PM
kevin's Avatar
kevin kevin is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: East Kilbride, Glasgow, UK
Posts: 21,046
Default

It's certainly a good indicator that this is one of the things he's chosen to do in the wake of the hugeness of headlining a studio blockbuster.

Indicates a level head and desire to genuinely act.
__________________
'If the Apocalypse starts, beep me!' - Buffy Summers
'The sky's the limit.....' Jean-Luc Picard, 'All Good Things'


courtesy of Saquist
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-26-2009, 07:29 PM
Maxum Maxum is offline
Ensign
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 53
Default

Thank you, Lady!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
It's certainly a good indicator that this is one of the things he's chosen to do in the wake of the hugeness of headlining a studio blockbuster.

Indicates a level head and desire to genuinely act.
Agreed. I think he is showing that he is very serious about acting and not just reaching for any project. I think Chris Pine is going to do a little bit of everything: theater, blockbusters, Indies, etc. I think he wants to work with great actors and directors, but he also wants those challenging roles that tends to go to the character actors rather than the leads.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-26-2009, 09:29 PM
chator's Avatar
chator chator is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,245
Default

Anyone planning to go see him?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-27-2009, 06:18 AM
Maxum Maxum is offline
Ensign
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 53
Default

I'm on the East Coast, so unfortunately, no.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:14 PM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.