The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > RIP Michael Jackson?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2009, 11:07 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Of course Micheal spent his money foolishly...he never grew up, how did we expect him to spend it? maybe he should have listened a little more to the people around him who did know how to take care of money, then he would not have been in so much debt. As much money as he wasted, though, he spent much more on his charitable endeavors...people tend to forget that not only did he live at Neverland, he opened it to kids who were facing life threatening illnesses, because he always loved children. He also set up several funds and foundations for these same kids... just because a few greedy parents thought to use their sick children to try to get more than the parents deserved, because "He's rich, he can afford to give my family some of it, can't he?" does not mean that the lies those parents made up were true... some of these parents might actually have beleived that he had to have an ulterior motive for Neverland, but I personally believe it was his way of trying to help kids who he thought might need a friend at a very scary time in their lives. I will never accept that he was a pedophile...he was just to childlike himself to be the type of person who could do that to a child. Most children, when they see something pretty or unusaul, usually say "Oh, I like that, can I have it?" most people would have to say "No, we cannot afford it." Micheal was able to afford it, or thought he could, so he probably never even stopped to think whether he really needed it or not...he just bought it.

Proud Patron of Eliza's Avatar Lab!!
Old 06-29-2009, 11:32 AM
Fleet Admiral

I remember a music video in which soldiers throw their guns away... what was it?

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-