The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > I saw the movie posters for the new Sherlock Holmes film today.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2009, 10:23 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
True, Van Helsing had nowt to live up to so succeeded in meeting that expectation. Personally re Transformers I'm quite happy to have Megan Fox trotting about. She's a comepletely superflous character - but nice to have her along!

P.S The Coronation Street guy has about two lines of dialogue and no real part so I wouldn't worry about him in T2!
really. I had read that Bay was very impreesed with him and had given him a nice bit of extra material maybe he didn't put out.

I have to agree with El Guapo about Megan Fox. I don't get the big deal. she is not attractive in any way that I can see.
I find it ridiculous that any man would choose her over death at the hands of Isabel Lucas
Old 06-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Commander

darn, kev.

I was hoping you'd ask why I cried watching Van Helsing.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:27 PM
Commander

kevin,

does TRANSFORMERS 2 offer any explanation as to why the ALL SPARK can create new TRANSFORMERS from everyday machines and reawaken MEGATRON, by merely being near them, and yet BUMBLEBEE (the only TRANSFORMER to actually touch the ALL SPARK in the first movie) only regains a very limited ability to speak accidently because he is damaged in the final battle??
I suspect not!!
Old 06-27-2009, 10:51 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DammitJim View Post
actually, in the original stories Holmes was an expert in several forms of combat - boxing, martial arts, sword fighting and pistol (although I believe Watson was the better marksman) - but those abilities were called upon very rarely.
in a movie, those abilities would have to be put to use. however, I've seen footage (not just the trailer) and read most of the screenplay and this is not remotely anything like SHERLOCK HOLMES.
After seeing the trailer, my impression was that Holmes was being made into 007 of the 1800s. I don't think that's a good fit.