The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Transformers Gen 1 Season Two Release
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2009, 06:56 PM
Commander

Question Transformers Gen 1 Season Two Release

Last Tuesday Shout! Factory re-released Season one of the Transformers animated show from the mid 80s, otherwise known as Generation one. I obtained my copy and am satisfied with it. According to reviews i've seen it is a slight improvement over the earlier Rhino release in 2002. The chief complaint from fans being then, that the some episodes were incomplete due to the masters used and there were additional sound effects not part of the original broadcast episodes. These episodes are being promoted as complete, Shout! having used to sets of masters to make up the difference. I've seen a few episodes and don't believe the episodes have been remastered, as for the sound effects, i can't tell. But there do seem to be some errors in the episodes i've seen with the wrong voices on the wrong characters, but that might have been part of the original broadcast episodes. There is a documentary featurette that contains interviews with the makers behind the original transformers cartoon that is new to this release, as well as trailers and toy commercials.

On Sept. 15 Shout! factory will be releasing the "more than meets the eye" pilot as an individual release, which consists of the first three episodes from season one. Additionally, they will be releasing the first half of season two episodes-28 out of the 49, the remaining 21 to be released on three discs sometime later. The episode list is available from the link below.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Tra...Volume-1/12187