The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > Films > Movies (I - X) > Your Trek Movie Story
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2008, 07:21 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Archer View Post
The reason I wanted the Enterprise-E destroyed was that this was to be the TNG version of "Search for Spock" in the same sense that NEMESIS was the TNG version of "Wrath of Khan". Plus, I felt the destruction of the most advanced starship ever designed was a potent reminder that the current franchise (1987-2008) was ending, and TBH, I never really liked the Ent-E very much at all; the Enterprise-D was my favorite 24th Century ship, and if it had to blow up, then so did this one. It balances out, I guess.
Yes, I'm with you...blow it up...make it just a powerfull as the loss of the Enterprise...It can't be...but try anyway. Everyone loved the Enterprise not everyone loves E

Old 03-01-2008, 08:51 PM
Federation Councillor

Archer-

Oh man you need Worf. Not as main charater, but have him in there for the Worf/Klingon fans, even if it's just an exagerated cameo.

I think Troi would work as a first officer if you keep her in a uniform and have her acting more like she did in Season 7 of TNG, when she was more agressive and into being in positions of power aboard ship.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:37 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Saquist,

You and I must really see eye to eye on things. The Trek III destruction of the Enterprise was exactly the sort of feel I was going for, something that would get Picard almost misty-eyed about. The story was that as they see the Enterprise come crashing down, the villain, Seti, says in mockery of Picard, "The great Starship Enterprise faces God...AND GOD WINS!!!"

Zardoz,

I agree with your ideas about Troi, Season 7 was what I felt she was really supposed to be like, no doubt because the writers were doing a great job of filling out character developement. If I were to include her, rest assured she would be very commanding, and if I may say so, a lot tougher. And NO, she would NOT be the one who wrecks the big E, it would have been some nameless ensign, although it would be out of control in any case. Troi would have been on the Titan, and out of respect to poor Riker and the Titan fans, I'm NOT totaling the Titan, either. Besides, there has to be a rescue ship...

About Worf, honestly, I have no idea how to fit him in. It would be easier to include Admiral Janeway in this story than to find a place for Worf. I would love to, but honestly I can't.

In response to any negative feedback about featuring the Vulcans, I was always really pissed about how very little of them we actually saw. I mean, aside from Star Trek I and III, we saw very little of who they were and what their culture was really like. This was to be an origin story, to explain all the stuff that was left unanswered, such as: Why did the Romulans rebel? What was the "Clash on the Fire-Plains" poem about? Why did Vulcans want to get rid of emotion so badly? And so on. There just would have been no room for Worf, not to mention repairing the rift caused by NEMESIS, and fitting Data in somewhere (which was a requirement for a sequel to Nemesis, anyway).

--ADMIRAL JONATHAN ARCHER--

Old 03-02-2008, 06:08 AM
Fleet Admiral

I would suggest using the characters that are useful to you.
Adding charcters just to have them makes for a boring story sometimes.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:41 AM
Federation Councillor

Hey,

So was my idea so bad, no one commented on it???

Yikes!!
Old 03-04-2008, 02:35 AM
Lieutenant Commander

No, Zardoz, that wasn't it. I really liked it, but it does rather sound a lot like another mirror universe movie plot, only that one was used for a fanfilm. I don't remember the title, but it starred some of the big names, like
George Takei, Walter Koenig, and Nichelle Nichols. It also had the same actor who played the Enterprise-B captain playing the same character. And I believe they mentioned Soran in there somewhere, as well. Like I said, a good idea, but already taken.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:42 AM
Federation Councillor

Hmmm, have to go look that one up!! Thanks!!
Old 03-04-2008, 02:43 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Oh, and before I forget, I wanted to say I was up all night tossing and turning, and I suddenly found the solution to the Worf dilemma; give Troi's lines to Worf, and just make him the First Officer. We'll say Troi is visiting Lwaxana (Troi groans) and since Dr. Crusher is at Starfleet Medical, everyone else is explained (except Data--Lord, how to fit him in...)

BTW, it's not that I don't have a story for how Data comes back, I'm just not sure where to fit him in without making it seem like a distraction from the main plot of the film (remember B-4 in NEMESIS? Yeah...).

And yes, I DO plan on making this, but it's gonna be tricky, and I'm not sure you guys will like my idea of how to do it...

Old 03-04-2008, 07:09 AM
Federation Councillor

Why not have Crusher on a medical ship? Rendering humanitarian aid on planet XYZ. that would leave her free to join the action with another ship.

I think you'll find the rivalry (it's allways been there) between Riker and Worf, as well as the respect will make for more drama, and the occasional laugh.

Ok, Archer I love what you have, but don't cheapen it by using B-4. If you really feel the need to bring Data back, I'd have soemone find Lore's body (It wasn't destroyed, just turned off.) You could use B-4 like they used McCoy in Trek 3 as a "carrier" of Data's memories, but download them into Lore (maybe could say Lore was stored incorrectly, and as result, his "memories are severly degraded or gone.")

That way you have a fully functional Soong android (unlike B-4). Just an idea.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:50 PM
Lieutenant Commander

B-4, Lore, all the same to me, either or. If you'd prefer Lore, I can use him instead. Dr. Crusher, though...I don't know. I can't imagine her in command, and I think it would go against established canon to have her commanding a ship instead of having her go back to Starfleet Medical; plus, it would seem too much like "All Good Things..."

If I were going to have Dr. Crusher be in this film, I would put her in Sickbay aboard the Enterprise, which is where I believe she truly belongs.

BTW, as far as the Titan goes, what class should it be? I really disliked the design that it got in the novels, and since the novels are non-canon, I wouldn't say the Titan has to be the same ship. There was a line cut from Nemesis where Riker refers to the Titan as "The most beautiful ship I've ever seen" and I would think it to be wrong for Riker to command a ship, much less refer to it in such a way, unless that ship were GALAXY-CLASS. To me, it fits perfectly. The name TITAN sounds BIG to me, and the biggest ship, as far as weight and mass goes, was the Galaxy-class. Plus, in canon, Riker said that they were going to head up a task force to Romulus. That singles it down to either Sovereign or Galaxy, based on the fact that a BIG ship is required as the head of a task force. If anyone can find a way to adequately solve all of these problems with another class, then let me know. I personally think a Galaxy-class USS Titan fits like a dream.