The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > Films > Movies (I - X) > Your Trek Movie Story
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2008, 06:10 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATEDNCC1701 View Post
That would be a great stroy Archer. I think that you could have pitched that to Paramount. It would have been better than Nemesis any day of the week.
Word...I think the only problem that some people would have is that it would center around Vulcans too much, which isn't a problem in my book.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:24 PM
Fleet Admiral

I would be just fine with vulcan palooza

Old 02-27-2008, 06:39 PM
Lieutenant Commander

It would be like a Vulcan sidequest like XMen and Wolverine. Much better than centering a movie around Picard and his weak clone. The previous statement was directed toward the clone Shinzon, not Picard.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:54 PM
Fleet Admiral

LOL. (Teal'c style) Indeed.
I have high expectations for Wolverine...I can only imagine...what "Spock"
There was a book called Sarek but I believe Spocks story of everything we missed would be a great epic.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Lieutenant Commander

SNIFF...I love you guys!!!

Seriously, you guys thought it was a good idea? Wow...wasn't really expecting that; I certainly appreciate it!

My only problem was with Data, and how, if, when, or why I should include him in the plot. I had a brief scene toward the beginning where Spock, who is going home to Vulcan, finds Data's positronic matrix still intact, floating around in space, with a sort of transceiver that sends radio signals (ALA the Iron Giant). He brings it back with him, puts the positronic matrix into B4's head, and reactivates him, falsely believing that with his emotion chip he would work, but it turns out that the emotion chip was destroyed along with the rest of Data's body (bummer) which leads Spock to decide on Picard.

I also had a lot of big scenes that would be really intense for the old school trekkies. Like when Mount Selaya errupts, the resulting rocks and falling debris completely obliterate the old temple where Spock's katra was put back in his body in TSFS, symbolic that the old generation was dying. I wanted to have Wesley as first officer of the Titan, and I would have really wanted Q in there somewhere. In any case, I felt that after Nemesis, a redeeming TNG film would be the best choice, and I wanted so bad to see Picard and Co. sail off into the sunset, with the Next Generation's cast signatures over the end credits, as someone else said. Alas that we didn't get it.

--ADMIRAL JONATHAN ARCHER--

Old 02-29-2008, 11:10 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Archer View Post
STAR TREK: RENAISSANCE

VOICEOVER: "Two-thousand years ago, on the planet Vulcan, a great evil sorcerer named SETI took control of the planet, enslaving the Vulcan people. He and his followers, calling themselves the "Children of Romulus", A.K.A 'Romulans' rejected the teachings of Surak, and allowed pure passion to dictate their actions. As hope for peace began to diminish, the last of the Vulcan priests banished the Romulans from their homeworld, never to return, and waged war against Seti upon the great fire-plains. At last they sealed away Seti in the core of the planet. However, even as all Vulcan rejoiced, Surak prophesied that after two-thousand years, Seti would return to re-conquer Vulcan. And when that day comes, he said, only a non-vulcan man who has a perfect balance of logic and passion will be able to overthrow him forever...

Two thousand years have passed..."

This film would explain why the Vulcan's are purely logical and emotionless, and it would explain the origin of the Romulans, as well as what the poem "Clash on the Fire-Plains" was really about. Set around 6 years after
STAR TREK: NEMESIS, Captain Picard and the crew of the ENTERPRISE are summoned to Planet Vulcan by Ambassador Spock, who had returned to Vulcan following his stay on Romulus, just in time to witness the return of the Evil Sorcerer Seti, who emerges through the eruption of Mount Selaya, which was actually a dormant volcano all these years. He takes over the Vulcan temple, naming it his palace, and Spock realizes the time has come which was prophesied by Surak. He also realizes that the non-Vulcan man with a perfect balance of logic and emotion is actually Picard. With the Enterprise providing cover from the renegade Vulcan starships, Spock and Picard join forces to take down Seti. In the end, the Enterprise is shot down into Vulcan's atmosphere, where it crashes into the volcano. However, Riker arrives with the USS Titan, and beams the crew to safety, while Spock and Picard finally manage to overthrow Seti, who ironically falls into the volcano from which he had emerged so victoriously earlier.

At the end, as the Vulcan people celebrate, Picard speaks with Spock one last time. Spock tells him "Thank you...not only for saving my people, but for helping me to realize what it was that two very illogical, very precious human friends of mine once tried so hard to tell me. And for helping me to see the meaning of their words, you have proven to me once again that you truly are worthy to be the Captain of the Enterprise." They say goodbye, and Picard is beamed up to the TITAN, where Riker says that the new USS Enterprise NCC-1701-F is awaiting her Captain. As the TITAN soars offscreen, the movie ends with the tagline "A NEW GENERATION BEGINS" and then the End Credits.
Grteat story, but I think the Enterprise should be spared.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:57 PM
Lieutenant Commander

The reason I wanted the Enterprise-E destroyed was that this was to be the TNG version of "Search for Spock" in the same sense that NEMESIS was the TNG version of "Wrath of Khan". Plus, I felt the destruction of the most advanced starship ever designed was a potent reminder that the current franchise (1987-2008) was ending, and TBH, I never really liked the Ent-E very much at all; the Enterprise-D was my favorite 24th Century ship, and if it had to blow up, then so did this one. It balances out, I guess.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Federation Councillor

I have one, it's rough...but here it goes...

Star Trek-Destoryer

In the mirror universe (approximately 1 year before the events in Star Trek Genrations in the 23rd century portion.)......

Peace has reigned for 30 years since the overthrow of the empire, thanks to leadership of Ex Federation President Spock, and the Klingon Confedracy, and their Allies The Romulan Collective.

But one worry has been in Spocks' mind ever since he took over the original ISS Enterprise all those years ago...what happened to Kirk? After the takeover, Kirk escaped in a shuttle, but not before temporaily disabling the ship, and taking 20 of his loyalists with him. There had been sightings...rumors....whispers in the night. But no hard evidence.

Some say he lead the final battle of the Empire at Beatzed in 2268. Others says he hides and awaits for a time and place to re-start the empire he so dearly loved...

Suddenly and savagely Spock will have his answer...

On a small planet near the edge of what was once the Empire's boundries...a scientist is being interrogated...his name...Soren.

His interrogator....Emperor Kirk the First...of the new Empire. For 30 years he's emassed allies, the Gorn, the Breen, The Tholians. Promising them all self rule of their systems if they in turn help him.

But Kirk's ultimate weapon...one of two things this El Auran scinetist is not talking too much about...a race called...The Borg...and a weapon of unbelivable destructive power...The Nexus....

So, what do you think of this rough idea?
Old 03-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Federation Councillor

Archer-

Excellent Story! Much better than the last 2 TNG films!

But if you have Wesley be first officer, you have 2 problems. When did he come back from roaming with the traveler permently? When did he graduate Starfleet Academy and gain enough experience to be a First Officer? I think going with Wesley, there's too many unanswered questions that would derail your excellent story.

May I suggest Worf? Why, You may ask. One it's easy to movie him to the Titan to do that, he has the right rank and experience. Besides, we dont know what he did after DS9 (besides appear in Nemesis.)

Or heck, Troi would work too, for the same reason.

You could sprinkle in Voyager officers in Titan and Enterprise-F's crews.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:00 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Oh, about Worf...

I had moved him to a permanent position aboard the second USS Defiant after NEMESIS. Cant' use him, I figured he, like the others, had to move on, and I felt that if there was one character who I didn't really need, it would be Worf. Troi, on the other hand, I would love to have in the film, but I have no idea what she'd be doing or if she would only serve to detract from the film, through being just another unused face. I certainly don't want her wrecking the ENTERPRISE, that would make the cliche that much worse. I have story ideas for everyone except Worf and Troi, although I'm not sure. Maybe I should give Dr. Crusher's lines to Troi?