The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Deep Space Nine > Any one like Uss Lakota Under Benteen
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2008, 07:52 PM
Ensign

Default Any one like Uss Lakota Under Benteen

Hi was woundering if anyone could help me here.. On these two vessels the Lakota and The Uss honshu both seen in DS9.

Did any of yous fans like the Uss Lakota under command of Captain Benteen and the Uss Honshu before it was destroyed with sisko and Gul Dukat on board.

Also doe s any one here have big images of both ships from seen in the episodes of DS9 they were in ie of the Lakota face on and of the honshu traveling at warp speed before she was destroyed if so thanks all.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:31 AM
Ensign

Your best bet is http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Portal:Main. But the Lakota is an Excelsior class and the Honshu is a Nebula class, and pictures of those classes are all over the net. This site I'm very fond of: http://www.startrek-wallpaper.com/index.php?kategorie=2.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Fleet Admiral

I don't have large images but the Lakota I've often viewed as test bed for Sovereign level weapons.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:20 PM
Lieutenant Commander

It's actually funny you brought that up. I had developed a story about a starship Captain who was actually married to Erika Benteen. The Captain was a betazoid named Kevin Hemingway, and he, Benteen, and Sisko had all attended Starfleet Academy together, and were all three very close friends; Sisko had been the best man at their wedding. The story goes on to depict the Battle of Betazed, never shown onscreen, where the Lakota is destroyed, and Captain Benteen is lost. Captain Hemingway is deeply crushed, and to add to it his ship is also destroyed, and he watches his homeworld fall to the Dominion, although he is beamed out in time by the Enterprise-E, which is present at the battle. Later, after docking at DS9, Hemingway speaks to Sisko, who talks about the death of his wife, Jennifer, and the two old friends become really close again, after having drifted apart over the years. After Sisko leaves DS9 or whatever happens (I haven't actually seen "What You Leave Behind", I just know that he leaves for some reason) he leaves Hemingway in charge of the new Defiant, with Worf rejoining the crew as First Officer after the end of Nemesis, which explains his absence in my NEMESIS sequel. (see the "Your Movie Story" thread for full details)

--ADMIRAL JONATHAN ARCHER--

Old 03-02-2008, 02:39 AM
Fleet Admiral

You have intresting story ideas....
they aren't typical at all.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:53 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
You have intresting story ideas....
they aren't typical at all.
I was going to say something like that, execpt that I don't know crap about Trek fan fiction. But when Saquist says you've got interesting story ideas, you've got interesting story ideas.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:27 AM
Fleet Admiral

Fan fiction can be intresting but I must admit I've never read a STar Trek Fan fiction...
Written well, his ideas could become great stories...

Old 03-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Well Capt-Kirk you can write a book about it, many fans have, when they reach unexplained lore or unanswerable questions.

"Tickle us do we not Laugh? Prick us do we not Bleed? Wrong us shall we not Revenge" -General Chang Star Trek VI, quoted from Shakespeare
Old 03-27-2008, 11:24 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Archer View Post
It's actually funny you brought that up. I had developed a story about a starship Captain who was actually married to Erika Benteen. The Captain was a betazoid named Kevin Hemingway, and he, Benteen, and Sisko had all attended Starfleet Academy together, and were all three very close friends; Sisko had been the best man at their wedding. The story goes on to depict the Battle of Betazed, never shown onscreen, where the Lakota is destroyed, and Captain Benteen is lost. Captain Hemingway is deeply crushed, and to add to it his ship is also destroyed, and he watches his homeworld fall to the Dominion, although he is beamed out in time by the Enterprise-E, which is present at the battle. Later, after docking at DS9, Hemingway speaks to Sisko, who talks about the death of his wife, Jennifer, and the two old friends become really close again, after having drifted apart over the years. After Sisko leaves DS9 or whatever happens (I haven't actually seen "What You Leave Behind", I just know that he leaves for some reason) he leaves Hemingway in charge of the new Defiant, with Worf rejoining the crew as First Officer after the end of Nemesis, which explains his absence in my NEMESIS sequel. (see the "Your Movie Story" thread for full details)
Sounds sweet. You should post your story on a fanfic site, or something.