The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > question
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2009, 03:24 PM
Lieutenant

Default question

when your gf askes if that other girl looks better then her do you

A. say no she would never be as cute as you!

B. well, it depends

C. maybe. . . . jk

D. what comes from the heart

F. none of the above
Old 06-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Vice Admiral

I would ask why she asked!!

I really don't understand woman. Those kinds of questions are loaded. It's obvious she already has issues with her looks and she thinks the other girl is prettier. If you tell her "no, you are just as pretty as the other girl", she won't believe you. Your friend has issues with self confidence. I don't know how you can help her.

Everyone has different body types and some people are heavier than others, this does NOT make one "prettier" than the other. Everybody has different preferences when it comes to what they find attractive. Unfortunately our society has done much to promote the very thin look as most attractive. I actually think woman's magazines have done more to harm young girl's self esteem than any men's magazine with barely clothed models (or nude) in the pages.

I look forward to reading responses from woman members. I am just as ignorant in this area as you are!
Old 06-19-2009, 03:53 PM
Fleet Admiral

If she asks why you look at that other woman... tell her it's just pity 'cause that poor girl is not as perfect as her
(From a German song)

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Old 06-19-2009, 04:20 PM
Lieutenant

now thats funny but still sweet.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:09 PM
Commander

"The grass is always greener on the other side... and so are the Orion slave girls."
Old 06-19-2009, 06:20 PM
Commander

You could say something that's complimentary about the other girl, without actually implying that you think she's prettier or whatever.

For example:

Girlfriend: "Do you think she looks better than me?"

You: "Her boots are neat, and those highlights look kinda cool, but nothing that could ever surpass you in any way."

That way, you're saying something true and nice about the other girl, but also reminding your ladyfriend that she's your number 1 no matter what. She might also be impressed at you talking about fashion stuff.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:29 PM
Commander

More seriously than just before... If not within earshot of the "other girl" (which presumably you wouldn't be or she wouldn't be asking this question seriously.) There's a good chance that she wants you to say "You look great" or something along those lines.

It all depends on whether the original question is a serious question or just a joke/tease on her part.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:47 PM
Commander

My wife has often pointed out large breasted women to me, with comments like. "Did you see the size of those?" And while my roving eyes very likely did, I respond with, "What? I'm sorry dear, I didn't hear you." (This I can get away with because of my hearing loss). To which she will repeat her question, often directing my attention to the boobage in question, where upon I have an ample opportunity to gaze anew at the wonders of modern medical science.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:52 PM
Lieutenant

i am not a boy even though sometimes i feel like i want to be one i am not bi or lesbian even though i do like girls but so far none of them like me like that and i dont like them
so i am confused of what i am
Old 06-19-2009, 07:32 PM
Admiral

Well, since this is a platonic girl friend (I take it) then it's a different thing than if it's a romantic girlfriend. If it's platonic, then she's looking at you, as her friend, to re-assure her. If there's something spectacular about the girl being looked at, then it's probably not a problem to say something like "Heck, who isn't she more beautiful than?" (note how you are including yourself as one of the lesser mortals.). If the girl being looked at is less than spectacular, then I guess I would point out something about the girl that was different and good...but point out that this one thing doesn't make her better looking. Something like: "Well, her hair is just great, but great hair doesn't make a girl beautiful."

I'd also want to know why my friend was suffering from this insecurity and see if we could do something to fix it. Is she feeling frumpy because she doesn't have any new clothes? Could a trip to a thrift store and some creativity revive her wardrobe? Would a new hairstyle perk her up?

If it's a romantic girlfriend, then there's really only one answer: "She is beautiful, but she's not more beautiful than you." It's pointless to try to convince a romantic girlfriend that you haven't noticed when a beautiful girl walks into the room. So, don't try. Heck, let her know that you always appreciate the sight of a beautiful woman...then turn to look right at her and say "Which is why I'm so happy being here, with you."

Thanks to Ron Salon for the signature banner!