The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Crop Circles: Are They For Real or What?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2009, 06:25 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlin' Wolf View Post
HaHA haHAhAWWWaaaHHaaaa.............no I'm just kidding man. I don't know what you saw.

I still don't know what I saw either. What's freakier is that I have seen TV shows (like UFO files) that have had witnesses describe similar events. I didn't get interested in watching such shows or reading such books until AFTER I had my own experience.

Quote:
I don't think I've ever seen anything I considered alien but I did see one of the triangle craft once. In 83 or 84 me and a friend were outside just goofing off in the yard when I noticed 3 lights in the sky. They were coming in our direction and after awhile I commented on how they were flying in perfect formation but didn't look like nav lights when they slowed and turned 90° with the turn pivoting on one light and just kinda zoomed off. It was then I realized it was just one ship/craft/whatever but nothing at that time had been said about triangle craft so I went for years thinking WTF? Now I'm assuming it's something military.
And that happened over 20 years ago. What kind of craft is capable of such high speeds, yet at the same time be capable of hovering in order to make a 90 degree pivot turn? The stealth program did not remain a secret AFTER the development stage. It's not like the military has been able to BOTH use advanced tech AND keep it completely secret (I mean like fighters and bombers, I'm sure there are other things that remain completely secret). Heck, the F-177a is already out of use because we have something newer and more capable, and even that is NOT a secret at this point. I think what you saw is a darn good description of a UFO, and I mean the alien type.

I also think people like you, that have had experience with aircraft, make the BEST witnesses. I would imagine that a secret airplane probably would NOT have all the normal lights because they are trying to remain hidden, but when it comes to abilities and other comparisons, your experience is very valuable.

You should do a little research into the triangle shaped craft and see if any descriptions or drawings match what you saw.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:02 PM
Lieutenant Commander

That's what I saw. Minus the city of Phoenix. This is a 1997 photo.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:35 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:

That's what I saw. Minus the city of Phoenix. This is a 1997 photo.
Were you able to make out a darker "body" against the night sky? Some people have seen more than the lights, that is where differences in description come from, but I think it is due to differences in perspective and recollection abilities. Some people just make better witnesses and are able to remember more things.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:33 PM
Lieutenant Commander

No it was a moonless night and the sky was clear and dark(gah! that sounds like a mystery novel) as it turned I could tell it was one craft but couldn't make out any kind of detail.

The area where my parents live was eat up with 'military weirdness' during the 80's.