The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Crop Circles: Are They For Real or What?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlin' Wolf View Post
Best one I can come up with right off hand would be that it'd be easier to test in the field and hide your testing in the UFO conspiracy stories. Whereas doing it your way might raise questions from some watchdog or reporter that couldn't be blown off in the press as 'UFO crap'. As it is with cattle mutilations mainly tied to UFO's the government won't even respond to inquiries as far as I know. Makes for a good smoke screen that has the added benefit of being considered by many people as too absurd to talk about.
Very true. It would be great smoke screen. I just question the ability to pull it off. When these cows are found things in the area are either very quite, or noisy from thunder storms (these are what most reports state). Helicopters make noise, so the cover of a thunder storm would be good. But what about the quite times? We're talking about places where you would hear them from far off, and if you were asleep your animals would probably wake you up. Either way, how the heck do you perform these things and NOT leave traces of what you have done on the ground?
Old 06-20-2009, 05:42 PM
Lieutenant Commander

I dunno, people have reported hearing helos and seeing lights in some cases(black helicopters). Some animals have been reported to have shattered limbs like they were dropped from a great height, maybe they were mutilated here then transported, dropped and found over there away from discriminating evidence.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Banned

For those who do "Google sightseeing" using Google Maps (satellite view) or Google Earth, have they ever seen anyone or anything making these crop circles?

I remember seeing a Google Map image of a UFO, or what was purported to be one.

For that matter, why not more Google satellite images of UFO's?
Old 06-21-2009, 11:35 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Trek Viewer View Post

For that matter, why not more Google satellite images of UFO's?
How often do the satellites pass over a particular area? Every 24 hours or more? If that is the case then one snap shot a day (or less) is NOT very likely to capture an image of anything that is supposed to be hiding or sneaky! I would imagine that any alien life capable of traveling to our planet would also be able to locate and track our satellites. Now whether or not they can tell which one take pictures is another story!

I've always thought 24/7 surveillance of hot spot locations is needed in order to film or photo these things. There seem to be certain areas that have much higher reports of sightings. Of course it could be the people are having more fun or they smoking some strange stuff!!
Old 06-21-2009, 11:41 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
I dunno, people have reported hearing helos and seeing lights in some cases(black helicopters). Some animals have been reported to have shattered limbs like they were dropped from a great height, maybe they were mutilated here then transported, dropped and found over there away from discriminating evidence.
Yes, I forgot about the black helicopter thing, They are supposed to be silent too. Very strange.

I am a firm believer that the U.S. is working on or HAS highly advanced pieces of equipment. A silent helicopter would be a HUGE tactical advantage. I understand the need for secrecy when it comes to projects like "Aurora" (if it exists) and stealth (back when it was secret), but I have a hard time believing something like a silent helicopter would be kept under wraps for very long. They would have been massed produced and shipped to our troops for everyday use, I believe. Maybe there is a secret switch in our military helicopters that place them in silent mode?
Old 06-21-2009, 12:50 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ1701 View Post
Yes, I forgot about the black helicopter thing, They are supposed to be silent too. Very strange.

I am a firm believer that the U.S. is working on or HAS highly advanced pieces of equipment. A silent helicopter would be a HUGE tactical advantage. I understand the need for secrecy when it comes to projects like "Aurora" (if it exists) and stealth (back when it was secret), but I have a hard time believing something like a silent helicopter would be kept under wraps for very long. They would have been massed produced and shipped to our troops for everyday use, I believe. Maybe there is a secret switch in our military helicopters that place them in silent mode?
Hey didn't Blue Thunder have a 'Whisper Mode' switch or something? Seriously though, helos have gotten quieter through advances in technology. The old Hueys can be heard clearly 2-3 miles away but the Blackhawks have topped my tree line before I heard them. No telling what they can do if they're really trying to be quiet.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:52 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Hey didn't Blue Thunder have a 'Whisper Mode' switch or something? Seriously though, helos have gotten quieter through advances in technology. The old Hueys can be heard clearly 2-3 miles away but the Blackhawks have topped my tree line before I heard them. No telling what they can do if they're really trying to be quiet.
I've never known a Blackhawk to be that quite. When was the last time you got your ears checked!!

Of course it's been almost 5 years since my military days, so maybe something has changed since then.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:03 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
How often do the satellites pass over a particular area? Every 24 hours or more? If that is the case then one snap shot a day (or less) is NOT very likely to capture an image of anything that is supposed to be hiding or sneaky!
And yet, they will fly around during the day or also at night with ultra-bright lights for all to see with no worries about being seen. I'm sure these aliens would also think that people have cameras. Certainly these days they should know that everyone has cameras, maybe even some pet cats.

As for quiet helicopters, I think the next-gen one before it got canceled had some things about it that cut down on the noise.

Lastly about the black or unmarked helicopters there is some truth to it. One of their jobs was to recover critical things from jets/bombers that crashed, either sensitive equipment or even nuclear weapons (also needing huge areas blocked off). Also some of the various recon things. Before satellites and U2s (1957) high altitude balloons were used. Much of the time they crashed in the desert and so the equipment had to be recovered. Therefore the helicopters were unmarked to keep it all secret. Also, there you go about all the shiny material found. You fold it and it unfolds, as it was designed to.

U2's made these obsolete of course, and they were called 'weather' related also. Everybody knew they were spy planes but they werent big winged UFO either. So no, not the silly weather balloon explanations that nobody believed. Recon balloons with everything from cameras to scanners for nuclear detonations. Everything relating to stuff like this was ultra secret and not something you want to advertise. "Say, what are those helicopters with 'Army' on the side doing'? Of course true believers say its still just another coverup... as tho anybody cares but them.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:11 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
And yet, they will fly around during the day or also at night with ultra-bright lights for all to see with no worries about being seen. I'm sure these aliens would also think that people have cameras. Certainly these days they should know that everyone has cameras, maybe even some pet cats.

As for quiet helicopters, I think the next-gen one before it got canceled had some things about it that cut down on the noise.

Lastly about the black or unmarked helicopters there is some truth to it. One of their jobs was to recover critical things from jets/bombers that crashed, either sensitive equipment or even nuclear weapons (also needing huge areas blocked off). Also some of the various recon things. Before satellites and U2s (1957) high altitude balloons were used. Much of the time they crashed in the desert and so the equipment had to be recovered. Therefore the helicopters were unmarked to keep it all secret. Also, there you go about all the shiny material found. You fold it and it unfolds, as it was designed to.

U2's made these obsolete of course, and they were called 'weather' related also. Everybody knew they were spy planes but they werent big winged UFO either. So no, not the silly weather balloon explanations that nobody believed. Recon balloons with everything from cameras to scanners for nuclear detonations. Everything relating to stuff like this was ultra secret and not something you want to advertise. "Say, what are those helicopters with 'Army' on the side doing'? Of course true believers say its still just another coverup... as tho anybody cares but them.
I have never questioned the unmarked aspect to some helicopter sightings. I question the silence. I've been around these things, they are FAR from silent. If there were silent designs out there I would hope our troops would have the benefit of their use. That doesn't seem to be the case.

You are right, there are lots of sightings and situations that were probably just top secret projects. The problem is the year does NOT match up. You have the government using one project to explain debri, and then use another project which occurred years later to explain the supposed witnessing of bodies, for the SAME incident. I'm assuming you are referring to Roswell since you mention the foil like material that kept it's shape.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:12 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
I've never known a Blackhawk to be that quite. When was the last time you got your ears checked!!
I used to work on the flight deck so there could be something to that. It might help that they fly pretty low through here to avoid the medical helos that are on their way to Lexington. Maybe I'm just getting old.