The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > love
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2009, 06:55 AM
Fleet Admiral

Exactly the same here, Hood...

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Old 06-20-2009, 07:45 AM
Lieutenant Commander

The majority of the popularity freaks that feel they are too cool for you will spend the rest of their lives trying to recapture those times while your getting on with yours. Most of them can't get over not having a posse to follow them around or some girl/guy who desperately wants to go out with them, I've seen people like that stoop to incredible lows to try and maintain their crumbling social status. A big reversal starts to take place after school with the regular kids going on and starting real lives and the popularity chasers discovering a whole new world that cares nothing for their antics.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:10 AM
Lieutenant

i know you guys like me right? am i smart to you guys or what?
Old 06-20-2009, 10:30 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by spokthecool View Post
Yes, we like you, but you have things a bit twisted. We don't like people based on whether they are pretty or popular. We don't like people because we think they are smart. We like people because of their character. You come across as a sweet girl trying to find herself in this crazy world. We know you have a good heart because of the things you do for other people, you have mentioned it brings you joy. Don't latch on to the "am I pretty or smart" thing, it is unhealthy for you. BE YOURSELF!
Old 06-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Just ask yourself what you want, being popular by force or having a partner / friends who like(s) you, your very self. Sincerity in private life is very precious as there are so many situations in one's public life where one has to think strategically or pretend to be someone else.

This is grossly oversimplified, but there are people who love someone else because they find him/her pretty and there are people who find the person they love the most beautiful being in the world. I guess you are / want the latter type, so just wait until you meet someone who loves you, not just some shallow guy who just likes your popularity or your looks.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:38 PM
Commander

Quote:
WE YOU! You can quit worrying any time now.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:02 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
What matters more is: do you like yourself? As long as you like & love yourself, everything else will fall into place.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Admiral

Yeah...what Jerhammer said....

Also....can you please locate the "shift" key on your device and use it appropriately? Not to be mean, because this is a thread about how much we love you...but if you can do that, it would make me love you more.

I happen to have a 14 year old daughter. We often exchange text messages. I've noticed that when it's really important to her, she types the words out completely, uses proper punctuation and capitalizaion...

That means she can do it when she cares.

I would like you to care when you post here.

This is not your network of twitter friends.

I'll engage to help you however you need help...but I would feel so much better about it if you took the three and a half extra seconds (I made that up) required to post in proper English.

Thanks to Ron Salon for the signature banner!
Old 06-21-2009, 05:01 PM
Lieutenant

I get it i try to be my self as much as possible
Old 06-21-2009, 08:57 PM
Lieutenant Commander

spokthecool, I was an 'ugly duckling' all through school, until 11th grade...then all of a sudden, I had guys asking me out everyday, and I just could not believe they were sincere. I blew them off, but a few of them decided they still liked me, and we became good friends. I had always had a few girls that were friends, and most of them ended up dating the boys that joined my group. I still never hung out after school, though...all of my friends lived too far away to make it easy to hook up after school, was why.

In spite of not dating, I did become 'popular'... not because I was pretty, or smart, but because the people who took the time to get to know me found out that once I considered you a friend, I would have your back, no matter what. I never pretended to be anything; I let people know that if they did not like something about me or one of my friends, then they should go find other people to talk to. I still am not 'pretty' in the magazine style, but I got elected Homecoming Queen, my senior year...even though it had always gone to a cheerleader before, the entire school thought enough of me to pick me, even though I never even tried to get 'in' with the jocks and cheerleaders.

My point is, I stayed true to myself, and let people decide whether they wanted to be my friend without trying to get them to like me. It turned out that I had more true friends than I thought, so hang in there, I'm sure that as long as you stick to being your own person, eventually some of those kids will realize that you are worth knowing, just for what makes you special, and THEY will not care whether you are the 'prettiest' or 'most popular' girl or not.

Proud Patron of Eliza's Avatar Lab!!