The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Everyone to the Theatres SATURDAY For Hero's SEND-OFF WEEKEND!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2009, 06:55 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Why are they taking this out of theaters? I went again tonight and the movie was 75% full and with a very responsive crowd. I think ST still has some legs.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:34 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern2356 View Post
Why are they taking this out of theaters? I went again tonight and the movie was 75% full and with a very responsive crowd. I think ST still has some legs.
Definitely. Good to hear.

Let's see if we can keep it taking up a theater through Independence Day weekend.

There's a statement we're making here--and it's loud and clear.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:15 AM
Ensign

Just got back from Saturday matinee- it was in a smaller theater, but except for the 1st two rows and a few scattered seats, was a full show!

- Martin Luther King Jr.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:18 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Has it been confirmed that it will move out after this weekend?
Old 06-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Ensign

Quote:
That's what I'd like to know. I have a friend coming in from overseas next month. She hasn't had time to see the film...So we made a Star Trek date.

I'd bet my life that there are movies that have been in theaters for longer than Star Trek has. I don't think it's going anywhere for a while. *crosses fingers*
Old 06-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Happens to every film, there's new blockbusters lining up every week and there isn't enough room in them all.

Don't feel bad, it's done very well. But it has to start withdrawing sometime, I'm afraid.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 06-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Lieutenant

Great to see all the folks at the 1PM matinee at the UA/Regal Market Fair in Princeton. I was the guy sitting in the middle front of the walk-through between the stadium seating and the front seating section.

Thought I heard a clap or two at the end. Looks like a busy day for movies in general what with the rain. So much rain this June.

Hope everyone who's going tonight has a blast!
Old 06-20-2009, 05:45 PM
Ensign

I just saw it on Friday (my 3rd time) in IMAX. It was glorious!

Again, what struck me as the most impressive aspect of this film was the acting. Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto are SO friggin' good! I also love Karl Urban and Zoe Saldana. And I have a special place in my heart for Anton Yelchin. I know that people think he's annoying and over the top, but I just think he's perfect.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:26 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by hen88 View Post
I just saw it on Friday (my 3rd time) in IMAX. It was glorious!

Again, what struck me as the most impressive aspect of this film was the acting. Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto are SO friggin' good! I also love Karl Urban and Zoe Saldana. And I have a special place in my heart for Anton Yelchin. I know that people think he's annoying and over the top, but I just think he's perfect.
Agreed, I took my son to see it in IMAX which btw is the first time I have seen any movie in IMAX....OMG!!!!! You just don't get the depth and perception in a regular theatre and the sound?? Jesus, i'm deaf now.

The place was right around 97% full, everyone really enjoyed it and upon exiting it was not uncommon to hear people say...

"I wish it were playing for another 3-4 weeks, I want to see it again, when can we come back?"

Things I noticed in this viewing I didn't notice before-
How freaking tiny the Kelvin is compared to the Narada, WOW!

R2D2, maybe it was just me, but when Nero shot the red matter into vulcan....the cannister just before it started spinning and the wings spread out looked to me JUST LIKE R2 minus his legs.

The collision course alert on the Kelvin looked like the screen in TMP alerting the Enterprise of the asteroid in its path.

The Jellyfish, everyone here has commented on the sound of the engine and the bike of Kirks, I didn't find it annoying but the bike did kind of have a 23rd century sound version of a Harley...well, at least to me.

The number of shuttles leaving the Kelvin, it was hard to see all of them in a regular theatre.

Anyway, that was our experience and I have to say I can't wait to see Transformers2 in IMAX....Optimus/Devastator is going to be freaking cool on the GINORMOTRON.

I'm gonna end this comment with a saying....

I've seen the future of Trek, and can honestly say....it's in good hands.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:15 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I guess we'll have to wait for the actual totals before we know if this had any impact.