The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Everyone to the Theatres SATURDAY For Hero's SEND-OFF WEEKEND!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2009, 04:38 PM
Lieutenant

You know, the devious part of me almost wants to screw with the release schedules of upcoming movies and see just how long Star Trek can be kept on the big screen--you know--tie at least one theater up during the mid-summer/Independence Day weekend?

Wouldn't it be funny if Star Trek kept ''harvesting'' a little chunk of box office away of all the new movies coming out? It's pretty much accepted that it did this with the new Terminator Salvation movie earlier. Why not ''mess'' with the others?

I know it's an expensive proposition and really does nothing more than pad the bottom line of Paramount--but hey--sometimes ''why the heck not'' is a pretty good excuse--perhaps even here. If one looks at it, a matinee ticket costs on average $7. That's two Starbucks lattes for example.

Anyway, I still hope some sort of Twitter effect happens over this silly little thing.

My ''deep'' finale (apologies): I've been humbled, heartened and inspired--albeit just as worried--over the situation in Iran. I pray often for all those brave souls who risk their very lives there over something we Americans often take for granted--especially this time of year when we celebrate our liberties. What an example our brothers there are setting. Bless you all.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:02 PM
Midshipman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconrap71 View Post
Star Trek just pulled in $734k for Tuesday. Why on earth would Paramount want to let this movie leave the theater when it's still clinging onto 7th place and will likely pull another $6-8 million through the combined week and weekend take? There are still several movies that have a week or more time in the theater longer than Trek, and they're not pulling the numbers of Trek. It's funny to see Trek pulling in more than both Terminator and A&D. It's doing more daily than A&D and Wolverine combined.
Could this just be for smaller theaters that are pulling out, instead of Paramount? I checked online for several theaters in California that have 20+ screens and Star Trek is scheduled for as far as online websites having the schedule published.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:10 PM
Federation Councillor

I git to see it 2x, I'll be ready when the extras special featured missing secened once in a lifetime director's cut comes out~~! LOL!
Old 06-17-2009, 06:52 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Storm Pictures View Post
Well, having talked to a theater manager in Princeton, NJ today, it will be there this weekend, but only just this last Saturday they were still not sure. Obviously hanging on at 5th place kept it around. I wouldn't count on another but...

Now, if this ''little idea'' to flash mob the theaters works--it might add yet another week--but for sure no matter what it'll be pushed out for the Independence Day movies upcoming.
Which Princeton theatre and what time Saturday? I will join you there !

Not a big drive from East Windsor....
Old 06-18-2009, 08:21 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I'll be in the theater this Saturday afternoon for my 8th and final viewing unless it sticks around for the cheapy movies later on. I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed this film. Most of the times I saw it I was tagging along with those who were going despite me. On my own it would have been 3 times including Saturday. I think I've done my part.

I'll be getting the Blue Ray and regular DVD (for the computer when I travel). It's been a helluva a ride. One thing is certain. TREK IS BACK.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:01 AM
Rear Admiral

It has been, and still is, a great ride. So satisfying to not be disappointed after the long and extended wait. I've seen it eight times now and intend to see it at least once more before its gone from the theaters. Twice more would be awesome, with all the artificial and subjective signifcance of the number ten.

prequel
sequel
reboot
revamping
reimagining
retelling
re-establishing
reinvigorating
revival

Its all of that and more.
Yeah, let's return to the theaters and give Star Trek the sendoff it deserves.

Thrusters on full indeed!

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'
Old 06-18-2009, 11:11 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I really hope this works out - it'd be great to make a statement like that.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:54 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

As long as everyone is not all talk it should go well.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:48 PM
Ensign

A bunch of ontd_startrek groups are going this weekend. Huzzah!
Old 06-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Dunsel View Post
Which Princeton theatre and what time Saturday?
For myself it'll be the 1:15P afternoon show and it'll be the UA/Regal Movies at Market Fair 10.

I wish it could be later and in fact the evening show but life has its own priorities.

Perhaps there will be ''bunches'' showing up for different showings--but no matter what--it'll still have the same effect. While I would love to see a packed theater at the 1:15, having a loud happy rowdy crowd at the ''prime time'' shows (7:15P or 10:15P) would be such a coup.

Get the word out!