The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Deep Space Nine > I Love Deep Space Nine!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2009, 05:53 PM
Captain

Default I Love Deep Space Nine!

I really do love this series! This is the third time i have been through the entire series, watching about 5/7 episodes each day. I have loved it so much, I am going to do the unbelieveable, I am going to go back through it now! I am watching "What You Leave Behind" right now, and I feel sad, sad that it's over. I have enjoyed these characthers so much and how they have developed over the years. I find it very hard to believe that the very first time I watched an episode through was in Spring 2006! Talk about having fun watching brand new Star Trek! It was great! I just have to echo Capt Sisko when the toasted his crew, (it is caught forever on the DS9 ornament) "To the best crew........DS9" I am loving it! Am I being a little bit wierd watching all 7 seasons.,twice?
Old 06-16-2009, 06:03 PM
Commander

I love it also
Old 06-16-2009, 06:07 PM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlescott View Post
I really do love this series! This is the third time i have been through the entire series, watching about 5/7 episodes each day. I have loved it so much, I am going to do the unbelieveable, I am going to go back through it now! I am watching "What You Leave Behind" right now, and I feel sad, sad that it's over. I have enjoyed these characthers so much and how they have developed over the years. I find it very hard to believe that the very first time I watched an episode through was in Spring 2006! Talk about having fun watching brand new Star Trek! It was great! I just have to echo Capt Sisko when the toasted his crew, (it is caught forever on the DS9 ornament) "To the best crew........DS9" I am loving it! Am I being a little bit wierd watching all 7 seasons.,twice?
Not weird at all, Beetle. We can have our Trek and watch it too. I've said it before- By some measurements DS9 is the best of the Trek shows and the episode 'The Visitor' is my fav of all Trek eps!

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'
Old 06-16-2009, 06:23 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

DS9 is my favorite after TOS, I enjoyed Sisco's "raw" attitude like Kirk. Also it was on late at night and I used to watch it after my late night job, it brings back good memory's of good times in my young adult life.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:58 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Metal Beastie View Post
Not weird at all, Beetle. We can have our Trek and watch it too. I've said it before- By some measurements DS9 is the best of the Trek shows and the episode 'The Visitor' is my fav of all Trek eps!
I love The Visitor.I have the soundtrack to that episode, beautiful music!
Old 07-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Admiral

I am just a DS9 newbie. I am currently working my way through the first series, but slowly as the DVD box sets are quite expensive and if I get to the end of the series and there's a big cliff hanger, I'll end up spending money I can't afford on the next season.

I'm really enjoying it so far. Still prefer Voyager but I think Quark is great.
Off to watch yet another episode.

"Unless you have something a little bigger in your torpedo tubes, I'm not turning around!"
Old 07-13-2009, 04:36 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeway72 View Post
I am just a DS9 newbie. I am currently working my way through the first series, but slowly as the DVD box sets are quite expensive and if I get to the end of the series and there's a big cliff hanger, I'll end up spending money I can't afford on the next season.

I'm really enjoying it so far. Still prefer Voyager but I think Quark is great.
Off to watch yet another episode.
When you get to season 4, let me know if you still like VOY better.

Because I got hooked on Trek by TNG, I consider it my "favorite", but DS9 was darn near tied for "favorite". I liked the over arching plots and the soap opera aspects. The Dominion threat/war changed everything.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:24 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ1701 View Post
When you get to season 4, let me know if you still like VOY better.
Commander Sisko is going to have to become pretty brilliant to beat Captain Janeway.

I got into the last season of TNG because I lived with a guy who liked it. Never got back into Star Trek until about 6 months ago when there was nothing on TV and I had stopped all my cable channels and Voyager happened to be on. So I am very much a Star Trek Novice. I doubt if I'll ever get into TOS as it looks so dated now, even though I know it was brilliant for it's day.

"Unless you have something a little bigger in your torpedo tubes, I'm not turning around!"
Old 07-13-2009, 05:36 PM
Captain

I have watched it all the way through three times, and I am on season 6 for my fourth time. I absolutley LOVE DS9! I love the battles, characters, stories.... That said, Voyager is still my favorite series! DS9 is an extremely close second! There is just something about Voyager that I love. DS9 used to be number 5 in the series line. Now, a very top number 2!
Old 07-15-2009, 04:12 PM
Admiral

I finished the first season today. Season 2 already ordered from amazon.co.uk. Should take about a week