The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Voyager > Who would of liked to see voyager without a certain character
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2008, 12:46 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I got tired of Neelix after S2
Old 04-25-2008, 05:23 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Regarding Neelix...

Actually, I found him one of the more 'humanizing' characters of the show. Sure, we - as viewers - had the necessary 'suspension of disbelief' to accept whatever Voyager happened to fall into... but Neelix DID NOT.

(Parathetically, this is why I think he was so hated, as he broke that 'suspension of disbelief. Hence, of course, the parenthesis... *Grin*)

He seemed silly, awkward, and decidedly 'unheroic'... and he was showing what the 'average person' dropped into the 'epic scale' life of Voyager would probably feel/do.

(...uncomfortably humbling, ain't it? *Grin*)
Old 04-25-2008, 05:28 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Torres and Chakotay

Torres because she was a ***** and kinda fugly and Chakotay because he was useless.

Han shot first
Even numbered Star Trek movies are better
HAL dosed Bowman
Old 05-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Lieutenant

I'd kill off Seven. Let everyone else save the ship for once.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Ensign

I would have to say that guy on deck 15 that gives Janeway directions.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Federation Councillor

They really should have just dumped them all. They were the least interesting bunch until Enterprise's crew showed up.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 05-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Ensign

Forget just one, take them all out. Any basic ST series staff could have returned quicker then they did. What it took for VOY, lets see, TOS 1 episode. ENT 1 to 2 episodes, DS9 1 episode, ENT (with far less tech) 1 episode. I'm sorry VOY fans. I know it is not fair. But it is a joke I like.

I don't know what was going on with VOY, but I think they messed up a great concept from the start, and things just went in bad directions. It was not the characters, and it was not really the writers, it was all the baggage that they were forced to take with them to the Delta. If they would have had an open-ended story line (not having to worry about the DS9 series or TNG movies), it could have been much better.

For example, I think it was a mistake to have so many Borg stories (because in the end TNG controlled the fail of the Borg), the hologram goes wrong stories had already been overdone in ENT, and the time travel stories failed in VOY. That is why the Dr. stories were good. It was new territory.

If you want to be fair to VOY, they should have had a season long war with the Borg in the Delta that ended up with various new races that would start an expansion of new planets that join the Federation in the Delta ending up with the destruction of the Borg, with the help of Decker and Vger. This would make Janeway the Kirk / Archer legend of the Delta.

I know this may or may not sound like a good story. However it is the type of story that would allow VOY to be big. Instead they were walled in by all the other series.

Last edited by thanis : 05-11-2009 at 11:23 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:40 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Chakotay was a big waste of space... Or maybe it's the actor's wooden style of acting that bothered me. I'm not sure...

Neelix was annoying but for some reason I loved his relationship with Tuvok. Neelix totally knew how to push those Vulcan buttons!

Old 05-14-2009, 04:44 PM
Ensign

I'd have to go with Chakotay. At the time I thought it was his style of acting I didn't like, but Beltran is actually really good in some of his other roles, so I dunno. His dynamic with Janeway always seemed forced to me and a fair amount of the plot hinged on that dynamic, so that wasn't good for the show.