The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > If people don't intend to talk to you again...then...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2009, 10:13 PM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by spokthecool View Post
its good to tell them straight off if you dont like them...
That's right. Or at least say it in a kind way as opposed to, "I don't like you. Get away from me!"

J.J. "Binks" Abrams is taking over sci-fi!
Fans Expendable
Old 06-18-2009, 10:31 PM
Lieutenant

ya you dontwant to be mean and make matters worse then how it already is you dont want to put it in a way that would hurt him or her
like say: i am sorry i just dont like you that way i like you as a friend lets stay friends or I feel that since were good friends i dont want to ruin it by being with you the other way around
Old 06-20-2009, 08:36 AM
Rear Admiral

Yeah, that works. But I guess some people are just afraid of hurting ones feelings that they will avoid being straightforward. I've come to realize that when I ask them how they feel about me straight out, that it's easier for them to admit their real feelings for me.

J.J. "Binks" Abrams is taking over sci-fi!
Fans Expendable
Old 06-20-2009, 10:48 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark View Post
Yeah, that works. But I guess some people are just afraid of hurting ones feelings that they will avoid being straightforward. I've come to realize that when I ask them how they feel about me straight out, that it's easier for them to admit their real feelings for me.
You need to branch out my friend. Meet new people. Do you and coworkers ever go out for an "office night"? Do you have family you haven't seen in a long while? It seems I have met the people I end up romantically involved with through other friends.

I'll give you an example: I went to a wedding reception with a friend. I knew NOBODY except him and his parents. There was a group of girls and I asked if they were his cousins. He said they must have been from the side that was NOT his family (I can't remember if he was related to the bride or groom). I asked a couple of the girls to dance, one at a time of course! By the end of the night one of them and I stayed talking until the reception hall was closing down. I gave HER MY number and she called the very next day. It ends up she wasn't related to the bride or groom either, she also went with a friend to that reception!

The summer between my sophomore year and junior year in high school I met my first "love" because she was visiting with a friend that happened to be a friend of my friend, get it? Long chain. One day I saw my friend (A) cruising town with two girls I did not know. It turns out my friend (A) knew one of the girls very well (B), but she had just met the other girl (C). That friend (C), happened to be visiting her friend (B) when my friend (A) showed up and invited them to go cruising (that's how we used to scout for parties!). Just my luck!!

You meet people when you least expect it. If you feel an attraction then you must act on it. Don't fear rejection because without rejection being accepted wouldn't feel quite as good!! If you never ask she can't say "yes"
Old 06-20-2009, 11:15 AM
Fleet Admiral

Well, you gotta take rejections sportive. You lost this match, next time you might score. And it's peanuts compared to the end of a relationship, to losing someone you truely love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ1701 View Post
... one at a time of course! ...
Sorry, just had to cut this out of context.