The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > Poll - Best Star Trek Series
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Best Star Trek Series
The Original Series 46 35.11%
The Next Generation 42 32.06%
Deep Space Nine 41 31.30%
Voyager 14 10.69%
Enterprise 13 9.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2008, 07:52 AM
Ensign

Location: Karl-Marx-Stadt, Saxony, Germany, Europe, Earth, Sol-Sector, Alpha-Quadrant, Milky Way

My fav is Deep Space Nine - although I really hated the show at first. No spaceship (expecially no Enterprise), Siskos interaction with Picard in the pilot episode, the hole "dark" look of DS9 ... that was not the Star Trek I used to know. But the series grew on me. It became better with episode and when Worf (my favourite ST character; Spock aside) came aboard, DS9 became my favourite ST and TV show.

TNG, TOS and ENT are also great. I think Voyager is OK. It's not a great show. It has some brilliant episodes. But the series could have been so much better if they had really used the fantastic premise.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:12 AM
Captain

Original series.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:56 AM
Midshipman

1. Ds9
2. Tng
3. Ent
4. Tos
5. Voy
Old 01-31-2008, 09:09 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Since it was created so that multiple answers can be chosen, I voted ENT and TNG.

1a)TNG - It's what I grew up on and got me into Trek, plus the characters were really cool.
1b)ENT - This rating is based on how good season 4 was, maybe my favorite single season of Trek.
3)DS9 - By far the best character development and best series arc/knowledgebase in Trek.
4)VOY - Had its moments and 7 of 9 definitey saved the show as an interesting character amongst a bunch of boring officers. I would have had a hard time enjoying it if it were not Trek.
----------
TOS - I believe this belongs in a league of its own with its basis for the whole franchise and the time-seperation in production from the rest of Trek. I think the movies are also a big part of what made this generation so memorable.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:11 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
My fav is Deep Space Nine - although I really hated the show at first. No spaceship (expecially no Enterprise), Siskos interaction with Picard in the pilot episode, the hole "dark" look of DS9 ... that was not the Star Trek I used to know. But the series grew on me. It became better with episode and when Worf (my favourite ST character; Spock aside) came aboard, DS9 became my favourite ST and TV show.
I think the biggest knock comes from viewers who never watched the series in its chronological entirety. It used to be my least favorite Trek until I rewatched the entire series start to finish and really apreciate its contribution to Trek as a complete and intriguing story even if it is not based on stellar exploration. TNG and ENT still trump it, though.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:27 AM
Commander

TOS, TNG and DS9 are my series.
After that I only really like the fourth season of Enterprise.

DS9 and TNG are the best I think.
TNG is probably the most intellectual of all series and Stewart imho the best actor of all series. DS9 then did something really new, really fresh, with the best character development and a real story arc.

But from the movies TOS was far better than TNG.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:53 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirtWalking View Post
I love all Star Trek (except Voyager because Voyager wasn't Star Trek, IMO) but DS9 is still my favorite.
If you consider that Voyager wasn't Star Trek, then I tell you that DS9 wasn't Star Trek for me. Why? Because Star Trek is supposed to be about "seeking out new worlds and new civilizations", something that was never done in DS9. And can you explain why you think Voyager wasn't Star Trek? The first thing Kathryn Janeway would usually do when encountering a new species is to introduce herself and her crew by describing them as "peaceful explorers". Now if this isn't Star Trek, I don't know what is...

Anyway, my favourite series is and always will be TNG, followed by Voyager, Enterprise, TOS and DS9.

Old 01-31-2008, 10:00 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Vaako View Post
And can you explain why you think Voyager wasn't Star Trek?
I'm with you on this one. How could Voyager not be considered Star Trek? They boldly discovered more than any other crew ever did.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:07 AM
Midshipman

The Original is the best all the others were derived from it.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:18 AM
Ensign

Default TNG..or DS9?

I really difficult choice...I find it hard to decide between TNG and DS9. They're both my favourites but in the end I picked DS9. TNG's great but as I've gotten older I've realised things are just a little too perfect on that show. DS9 is more dramatic, more tense.