The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > 100 Reasons...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2009, 04:29 AM
Vice Admiral

I read some of the reasons but I haven't watched the video yet. I have a feeling I will agree with most of what this guy says. But I will admit that he is a little mean spirited. Even the written reasons are laced with various "colorful metaphores" that I would rather not repeat. But for the most part, he's right.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:31 AM
Banned

Still haven't watched the vids, and now I'm glad I haven't.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:36 AM
Federation Councillor

It depends on what actual valid reasons there are - after you sift out the nonsense ones that are just there to bulk it up to 100.

Because he doesn't actually have 100 good reasons - he has a handful of points. The rest are filler.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 06-12-2009, 04:38 AM
Lieutenant Commander

That was (sorry folks) great!

I'm sorry folks, but he was spot-on accurate. A little mean, maybe, depends on whether he was looking forward to it or not.

I feel vindicated in my grouchiness.

That
...is the exploration that awaits you. Not mapping stars and studying nebula, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence. - Q
Old 06-12-2009, 04:40 AM
Federation Councillor

Well, if the spacing of a characters eyes is what's make or break, then I guess you would be.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 06-12-2009, 04:41 AM
Banned

Granted. But I don't need to give the other side a chance to criticize the movie if I don't want to because I think it's probably going to be unfair. That's part of the prerogative of being a fan. This isn't a courtroom.

It's the same way with me and the original Galactica series. Although I used to like it, my like for it has diminished. I like other SF series a lot better. Therefore, I feel free to read criticisms of it that are probably rants because it doesn't matter that much to me. I, myself, feel free to criticize it. But when it comes to Trek, it's a different story, and I'm not willing to read criticisms if it means reading or viewing relatively dumb rants about it as well. I can criticize Trek as well, but my criticisms aren't rants. At least to me.

Last edited by Star Trek Viewer : 06-12-2009 at 04:47 AM.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:43 AM
Lieutenant

The guy is totally boring. I have seen that if you like the movie you will disagree with his reasoning. If you disliked, you agree.

For example, closeups. Well i don't mind. Yes it is TVish. . . . . . but it is not a valid reason for the movie sucking. It is just infantile nitpicking.

Just like his constant nitpicks about how they included numerous lines from past shows. It was then i felt like saying to the man. . . . . . "GET A FRAKIN LIFE YOU D0UCHE!" I like the classic lines, if you hated it so much exit the frakin theatre!

"I am a Trek fan but i hate nostalgia making references to classical show. Boo Hoo, no one loves Trek like me."

Whiny little kid.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:45 AM
Federation Councillor

Exactly, most of his video is related to dumb things that are not important. If he had something more substantial to offer, fair enough.

The person who posted it doesn't have enough valid points without resorting to the pointless to make up his 100.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 06-12-2009, 04:48 AM
Lieutenant

Best Comment on the Page

Quote:
Quite a hundred reasons you have there, I wonder how many there would really be if you refrained from repeating them over and over again.

As for the "mp3 still playing", well, that frequently happens in the movies, have you ever seen a movie before Star Trek? If you're so picky, you should have noticed that there's no doppler effect and the sound quality should be much worse.

FYI: that was no toy in the bar, that was a salt shaker (I guess you couldn't figure it even despite the BIG ZOOM) - go out more often, they have salt shakers in bars now.

You should be institutionalized anyway.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:36 AM
Midshipman

I wonder if he would like some cheese with his whine?