The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Mission: Impossible IV?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 06-13-2009, 09:11 AM
DammitJim's Avatar
DammitJim DammitJim is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Nimoy did not take over Landau's role, Nimoy's charater Paris, was a magician.
I didn't mean the role (sorry), but rather Landau left the show and Nimoy was his replacement as the master of disguise.

I can't recall any Nimoy episodes at all.

who replaced Nimoy when he left?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-13-2009, 09:12 AM
kevin's Avatar
kevin kevin is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: East Kilbride, Glasgow, UK
Posts: 21,046
Default

I think that was when the show got cancelled, was it not?
__________________
'If the Apocalypse starts, beep me!' - Buffy Summers
'The sky's the limit.....' Jean-Luc Picard, 'All Good Things'


courtesy of Saquist
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-13-2009, 09:14 AM
DammitJim's Avatar
DammitJim DammitJim is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
I think that was when the show got cancelled, was it not?
I think it went for another 2 years after Nimoy.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-13-2009, 09:44 AM
kevin's Avatar
kevin kevin is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: East Kilbride, Glasgow, UK
Posts: 21,046
Default

I looked up the Wiki entry for the show -

Leonard Nimoy starred in season 4 and 5 out of a total of 7, (from 1966-1973) though going by the cast listing he doesn't appear to have had a specific replacement. Given a relatively rotating cast (especially towards the end) perhaps not surprising.

I seem to recall Nimoy leaving due to lack of character development.

Though it's interesting - it says that Peter Graves refused to play Jim Phelps in the 1996 film because Phelps was the traitor, and Greg Morros (Barney Collier) walked out the first film calling it an 'abomination' for the same reason.
__________________
'If the Apocalypse starts, beep me!' - Buffy Summers
'The sky's the limit.....' Jean-Luc Picard, 'All Good Things'


courtesy of Saquist
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-13-2009, 10:02 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DammitJim View Post


I didn't mean the role (sorry), but rather Landau left the show and Nimoy was his replacement as the master of disguise.

I can't recall any Nimoy episodes at all.

who replaced Nimoy when he left?
I can't remember if Nimoy stayed with the show until it's end or not....

Landau left and was on Space $19.99...
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-13-2009, 04:21 PM
DammitJim's Avatar
DammitJim DammitJim is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
I
Though it's interesting - it says that Peter Graves refused to play Jim Phelps in the 1996 film because Phelps was the traitor, and Greg Morros (Barney Collier) walked out the first film calling it an 'abomination' for the same reason.
Yes, people I knew who were unfamiliar with the show saw that twist coming as soon as Jon Voight's Phelps "died", but I was caught completely by surprise because I never expected that because I was a fan. even as they were fighting on the train I thought it was a trick to expose the "real villain" - my head was spinning
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DammitJim View Post
Yes, people I knew who were unfamiliar with the show saw that twist coming as soon as Jon Voight's Phelps "died", but I was caught completely by surprise because I never expected that because I was a fan. even as they were fighting on the train I thought it was a trick to expose the "real villain" - my head was spinning
Well MI-the movie was a complete reboot, Phelps was the only charater reused from the series. I took Phelps' "Tratorism/Death" as sign of parting with the past.

Petere Graves-The only thing I have seen him that was ay count in the last 25 years was an appearence on Clod Case, where he played a Nazi who had been in hiding since WWII. When he was uncovered, Graves had the look of pure evil..his sadism well portayed.

So what has Greg Morris doen since MI The Series.
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-13-2009, 04:59 PM
That Metal Beastie's Avatar
That Metal Beastie That Metal Beastie is offline
Rear Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Overhere
Posts: 2,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
So what has Greg Morris doen since MI The Series.
He died about ten years ago. His son Phil Morris is a familiar face who besides being in an episode of Voyager (or maybe it was ENT) was Kramer's lawyer in a couple of Seinfeld eps and plays the Martian Manhunter on Smallville. Come to think of it I think he was a bridge crewman on one of the TOS Trek films as well.
__________________
'A screaming comes across the sky. It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.'

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Metal Beastie View Post
He died about ten years ago. His son Phil Morris is a familiar face who besides being in an episode of Voyager (or maybe it was ENT) was Kramer's lawyer in a couple of Seinfeld eps and plays the Martian Manhunter on Smallville. Come to think of it I think he was a bridge crewman on one of the TOS Trek films as well.
Vey Cool TMB! I did not know that!
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-14-2009, 01:33 AM
kevin's Avatar
kevin kevin is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: East Kilbride, Glasgow, UK
Posts: 21,046
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DammitJim View Post
Yes, people I knew who were unfamiliar with the show saw that twist coming as soon as Jon Voight's Phelps "died", but I was caught completely by surprise because I never expected that because I was a fan. even as they were fighting on the train I thought it was a trick to expose the "real villain" - my head was spinning
I wasn't that familiar with the show then, but certainly the plot was quite headspinningly complex. It was a couple of watches before I had it sorted out in my head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Well MI-the movie was a complete reboot, Phelps was the only charater reused from the series. I took Phelps' "Tratorism/Death" as sign of parting with the past.

Petere Graves-The only thing I have seen him that was ay count in the last 25 years was an appearence on Clod Case, where he played a Nazi who had been in hiding since WWII. When he was uncovered, Graves had the look of pure evil..his sadism well portayed.
Quick question - was Graves the pilot in 'Airplane'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Metal Beastie View Post
He died about ten years ago. His son Phil Morris is a familiar face who besides being in an episode of Voyager (or maybe it was ENT) was Kramer's lawyer in a couple of Seinfeld eps and plays the Martian Manhunter on Smallville. Come to think of it I think he was a bridge crewman on one of the TOS Trek films as well.
Phil Morris was the astronaut in 'One Small Step' wasn't he? I may be wrong but was he not also in the 1988 'War of the World's' TV series as well?
__________________
'If the Apocalypse starts, beep me!' - Buffy Summers
'The sky's the limit.....' Jean-Luc Picard, 'All Good Things'


courtesy of Saquist
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:01 AM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.