The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Criticism of the Movie: Bad for Trek? Bad for Business?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
It doesn't matter the size of the ship the acsents of the characters...

What does matter is weak plot structure.
Dang it, dang it, dang it, Saquist. If I told ya' once, I told ya a million times....don't turn that one bolt....it's holdin' the whole ship together!

Old 06-03-2009, 10:51 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrek79 View Post
i dont care what the haters think, i remember months ago,while browsing i found a star gate fan bashing the new trek,he was saying somethink like,the movie will fail etc etc,typical trek hater,well if u hear me i have news for u pal:

jtrek79
You know there was the same thing on Comingsoon.net & youtube, etc... etc... etc... and to be honest you should seen some of the awful comments that where made about "Star Trek" one person said that he saw the movie and said it was so flawed that everybody left not very happy at all and at the end he said "The movie deserves to bust and it will bust" the guy said he saw it in April at a private viewing, I had talk with the guy and I said quote "tell me What did you not like e-mail list of things why you said it sucked" he never e-mailed me back so I could tell he LIED about seeing it, anyway there where people on youtube saying "oh cool Star Wars" what what "are you out of f***ing minds it's Star Trek not star wars read the damn headline on the screen there was comment that may anger some of you one guy wrote a comment on comingsoon & youtube it said quote "R.I.P. STAR TREK 1966-2009" that got me all really pissed off, oh of course the comments of Star Trek will get it's a** kicked by Wolverine (We kicked Wolverines a**) and took the #1 spot and have made $$$ then Wolverine by $38,498,228 & this may anger some of you but there where people there come comments that.

But in the end I remember in the end let's prove these SOB wrong and we did with the money it has made.

Kirk: Are we done
Captain Ace: I'm done

Last edited by Captainaceventura27 : 06-03-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Vice Admiral

See that plot hole? Stick your finger in it or we will all gets sucked out into space.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Vice Admiral

my friend capt.ace u speak the truth,these people seem to forget who is their duddy,dont be afraid about wolverine,i saw it , it was awful,star trek destroyed it out of the water

Last edited by jtrek79 : 06-03-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:01 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
See that plot hole? Stick your finger in it or we will all gets sucked out into space.
DATA: Not sucked out, sir. Blown out.

(runs...hides)

Old 06-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Trek Viewer View Post
As I read some of the comments in this forum, I find that most of them are positive toward the current movie. I, myself, started a thread for people to tell us how much they loved the movie.

However, there are some who are critical of the movie and who don't hesitate to express their reservations. We, in much of the world, live in freedom, and they have a right to do so.

That said, do you think that criticism of this movie, including, for example, of the accents of characters or the disagreement over the size of the Enterprise, is ultimately bad for Trek and the bottom line? Are there people you have experienced who have said, "I loved this movie, but now that you've mentioned it, I guess I was wrong -- it really doesn't make any sense. It's kinda dumb. I guess I don't like Star Trek anymore."

If this is the case, are we, as a fanbase, helping to hurt that which we purport to love?
There's nothing wrong with a little criticism, and I could criticise a heck of a lot more Star Trek than this movie.

A lot of it does, though, get into territory less enthusiastic viewers might go -WTF!!! but that can be traced to anything that has a fanbase (BSG, Harry Potter, Star Wars etc) and it's never really hurt any of them.

Most folks just leave those of us who are squabbling to it and go and do something else.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 06-03-2009, 11:05 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
What does matter is weak plot structure.
Which this film may not fully escape, but it's not the first time it's happened in Star Trek.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 06-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
DATA: Not sucked out, sir. Blown out.

(runs...hides)
Yes yes I know... just seeing who would post my common misconception. But I guess it depends on what you prefer... to be sucked or blown.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Fleet Admiral

It's the first time it's happened so ..blatantly.

I't like a crack in the wall covered by duct tape.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:14 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
Yes yes I know... just seeing who would post my common misconception. But I guess it depends on what you prefer... to be sucked or blown.
that's just ...NASTY.