The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Deep Space Nine > What Are DS9's Actors doing now?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Commander

Default What Are DS9's Actors doing now?

Do you know? It's important in case the studio would want to do a feature film with them.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Ensign

I've noticed several guest star on Law and Order or do cartoon voice over work.

I don't think a DS9 movie will ever happen. Maybe someday a Star Trek show where several will make guest apperances. I think that is the most that could be hoped for.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:23 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanis View Post
I've noticed several guest star on Law and Order or do cartoon voice over work.

I don't think a DS9 movie will ever happen. Maybe someday a Star Trek show where several will make guest apperances. I think that is the most that could be hoped for.
Can you give more specifics. Last i heard, some DS9 actors did a low-budget fan production Trek film called OF GODS AND MEN, and I know Colm Meany has been in a few films playing a thug or whatever.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Captain

Of Gods and Men isn't a DS9 movie at all. It's a TOS movie with a few guests from the other series. I have the movie, it's interesting. The main stars are Uhura and Chekov. I am watching DS9 as a marathon right now, I'm on season 5, and I for one would love to see a TV movie about the old space station. It would be very feesible considering all the new interest in the franchise. I would love to see Sisko come back like he promised he would. Nana Visitor who played Kira Nerys, had a cameo in the new Firday the 13th movie, but she was only in it during the opening credits. She played Jason Vorhees Mother, Pamela, and she got her head cut off before the beginning credits!
Old 06-02-2009, 10:22 PM
Federation Councillor

Nana Vistor was Mrs Voorhees in Friday the 13th, as well as recently appearing in BSG. Think she does a lot of theatre as well.

Terry Farrell has retired and lives in the town of Herschey with her hubby.

Haven't seen Cirroc Lofton in anything since an episode of 'Invasion' in 2005.

Alexander Siddig has actually been in a fair few films but the last I saw him in was 'Syriana'.

That's all I can recall offhand.

But I doubt a DS9 film would happen. It's not really fitted for the big-screen, it's story worked on TV due to the time it had to explore it.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 06-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Commander

Indeed, lots of those guys are showing up on stage again, which'd be neat to see. Avery Brooks especially, since that man is a powerful and inspiring presence when you see and hear him in person.

Alexander Siddig seems to have become yet another victim of xenophobic paranoia, and now appears destined to play Arabic Stereotype #114 whenever he turns up, which is a real shame.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:59 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
Indeed, lots of those guys are showing up on stage again, which'd be neat to see. Avery Brooks especially, since that man is a powerful and inspiring presence when you see and hear him in person.

Alexander Siddig seems to have become yet another victim of xenophobic paranoia, and now appears destined to play Arabic Stereotype #114 whenever he turns up, which is a real shame.
Well, he played the British Prime Minister in Doomsday, Hannibal Barca in a TV film, and a secret agent fighting against fundamentalist Islamic terrorists in an episode of Spooks.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:37 AM
Commander

Well, that's a neat relief - it seems I've been missing a lot of his more notable work lately

Old 06-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post

In Syriana he actually played the non-stereotype - the decent Arab who gets killed because (though he's no fanatic or even close - just intelligent) he isn't pliable by the West, while his dumb brother is.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 06-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Commander

Cirron Lofton was in the fan production Trek film, "OF GODS AND MEN", with Armin Shimmerman, and Chase Masterson.