The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Enterprise > Xindi Story Arc-Did it hurt or help ENTERPRISE?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Xindi story arc-helped or hurt ENTERPRISE
HELPED 14 53.85%
HURT 12 46.15%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2009, 11:21 PM
Ensign

Finally reached Episode 3 of season 4, and I must say that season 3 was a very intense set of episodes. I personally liked it a lot. So the answer to this topic title: NO for sure.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:44 AM
Commander

I guess the experience was different for different people. But my question was more directed at whether it hurt the show overall in a general sense; the direction of the show's development and whether it caused the loss of fans to the show, and i think it did. Now i wonder whether the arc used up many story development potentials. By attempting to tie so many episodes to itself, i think it may have hampered creativity, judging by the direction Season 4 was going in attempting to create stories that tied into the Prime Universe's pre-established chronology.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:06 PM
Fleet Admiral

Actually only the last episodes of the third season were merely about the story arc. All previos episodes were, like in DS9, sometimes closer and sometimes further away from the arc. The best episodes like Twilight, E² or Similtude are easily understandable out of context.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:35 AM
Ensign

The Xindi story arc helped Enteprise. In fact I believe that, this arc and other Temporal Cold War and time-altered events all contributed to this emerged timeline as soon as we first see the USS Kelvin.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:45 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Stormtrooper View Post
The Xindi story arc helped Enteprise. In fact I believe that, this arc and other Temporal Cold War and time-altered events all contributed to this emerged timeline as soon as we first see the USS Kelvin.
More like the direction of ENTERPRISE led to the direction and themes the new film would take.

Well, the poll is closed now. I only set it for ten days. I didn't believe this thread would survive longer than that. It seems pretty dead even, at least as fan ENTERPRISE fans believed the Xindi plot hurt the show, as those that believed it helped the show. But slightly more believed it helped.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:58 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
Actually only the last episodes of the third season were merely about the story arc. All previos episodes were, like in DS9, sometimes closer and sometimes further away from the arc. The best episodes like Twilight, E² or Similtude are easily understandable out of context.
I was going to basically say that exact same thing. So I'll just quote and AGREE! LOL
Old 11-24-2009, 07:31 PM
Ensign

I really hate all of these references to the 9/11 attacks. From the perspective of a conspiracy theorist, you might as well say that starfleet was behind the superweapon as an excuse to establish a presence in Xindi space. Obviously, that's not the case with the story arc.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:22 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I don't think the Xindi arc hurt Enterprise in terms of viewers - the lacklustre season 2 meant that the show was haemmorhaging viewers left right and centre anyhow. I do thnk the serialised nature of much of the season probably didn't help the more casual viewers who probably found it harder to 'jump on' as the season progressed, but as a piece of storytelling, it's one of my favourite single seasons from any of the shows. Just brilliant, IMO. It totally restored my faith in a show that for much of season 2 I was watching more out of habit than through genuine love.