The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Enterprise > Xindi Story Arc-Did it hurt or help ENTERPRISE?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Xindi story arc-helped or hurt ENTERPRISE
HELPED 14 53.85%
HURT 12 46.15%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Vice Admiral

They should have tested the weapon in secret instead of sending it to Earth. Once they know it works build the big one and send it off to Earth the first time. That way they have absolutely no idea its coming or any way to stop it. But then you wouldnt have had season 3 hehehe.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
They should have tested the weapon in secret instead of sending it to Earth. Once they know it works build the big one and send it off to Earth the first time. That way they have absolutely no idea its coming or any way to stop it. But then you wouldnt have had season 3 hehehe.
I'm glad you weren't born on Xindi prime. hehe.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Captain

I loved season 3 of Enterprise! A world with 5 different species? I loved it! The reptilians were soooooo goood. I loved to hate them! I loved the story lines, e2 was one of my favorites. I loved it when they met their own decendants on the generational ship! T'pols addiction, and so many other things. Things that make Star Trek, well, Star Trek!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Ensign

This is when I switched off...
Old 06-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Meh... In my opinion it was a unnecessary 9/11 analogy that I didn't need. But it didnt hurt or help the show in my eyes... I watched all of 3 and 4.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:40 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Strange, I never think of George W. Bush or any other politician when I watch Star Trek. To me it's escapism and I can't find any reason to go sticking this reality into that fiction. If a direct analogy is being made by the creators such as STVI and The Cold War then fine that was the idea from the start but if you can't separate your own personal politics from an hours worth of entertainment; well that's just kinda sad.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:48 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlin' Wolf View Post
Strange, I never think of George W. Bush or any other politician when I watch Star Trek. To me it's escapism and I can't find any reason to go sticking this reality into that fiction. If a direct analogy is being made by the creators such as STVI and The Cold War then fine that was the idea from the start but if you can't separate your own personal politics from an hours worth of entertainment; well that's just kinda sad.
Actually, i believe there was a deliberate attempt by Paramount to create a 9-11 analogy. I remember hearing about a meeting that President Bush had with the President of Paramount at the time, i don't remember her name, it might have been Gail Berman. Bush was trying to politically influence studio programming, by getting executives to voluntarily make a commitment to certain types of programming. I believe the Xindi plot on ENTERPRISE, was a result.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:12 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by chator View Post
Actually, i believe there was a deliberate attempt by Paramount to create a 9-11 analogy. I remember hearing about a meeting that President Bush had with the President of Paramount at the time, i don't remember her name, it might have been Gail Berman. Bush was trying to politically influence studio programming, by getting executives to voluntarily make a commitment to certain types of programming. I believe the Xindi plot on ENTERPRISE, was a result.

Could be, CBS lobbied Bush really hard to expand FCC rules and in return refused to air a commercial critical of Bush during the 2004 Superbowl. But all the back rubbing went on DURING the Xindi War story. Who knows.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:32 AM
Ensign

Saw an episode last night about the kamikaze-religous people and Archer defending torture because he needed to keep the earth safe. I really see some Bush influence there and it makes me sick.

The episode was just a mirror to the situation propaganded by the Bush administration.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:01 AM
Lieutenant Commander

with out it ent would have been boring