The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > What should the "New' time line be called? (Alpha Timeline?)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Metal Beastie View Post
I'm thinking a little justified mob violence at this point!
*starts singing "Kill The Beast" from Beauty And The Beast*

Yeah, I took it back to Disney.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:38 PM
Ensign

I'm partial to the Bizzaro Trek universe....
Old 05-28-2009, 08:39 PM
Midshipman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakonnen View Post
Okay, so based on Nimoy's Spock being referred to as Spock Prime, it is pretty much established that the original timeline is now known as the "Prime" timeline or universe/reality.

So far, there seems to be no definitive term I've seen for the new timeline, other than calling it "New", the "Abrams" timeline or, in what I think is kind of a snub on Memory Alpha's site even though it refers to a line from the movie, its just constantly referred to as an "alternate reality".

Personally, I think we should refer to the new timeline as "Alpha", and here is why:

The original Enterprise (referring to TOS and in the movies) was NCC-1701, right? Ending in 1, sort of like "Prime" in a way. When the Enterprise is destroyed in Star Trek 3, in Star Trek 4, the new Enterprise after the original is NCC-1701A.

A is also appropriate referring to this timeline given the "Alternate" reality tag, and the fact that it is also call the "Abrams" Trek or timeline.

Therefore, the use of A seems very fitting for this timeline based on all of the above, and since the A is referred to in the Greek alphabet as Alpha, I think that the best official term for the new time line should be the Alpha time line.

So what do you think of calling them the Prime timeline and Alpha timeline respectively?

Hey, plus, Kirk is an Alpha male, and this is a reboot to the Kirk era after all, so its even more fitting!
Personally, I prefer "New Destiny" timeline. Which is what it is, and para-phrases Spock's explanation on the bridge in the movie of the change.
Not Anti matter
But IS the catalyst of a truly awesome
STAR TREK
movie.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:54 PM
Commander

I think they should call it...... Earth 2.

DC fans may get that.
Ok, either way it's a bad joke.
A really, really bad joke.
Note to self: stop posting at 2 in the morning.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:23 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Really folks you only need to distinguish this time line from the other when comparing the two.

When that is not the case just call it the Star Trek Universe, or if you need to acknowledge the existence of other time lines without being specific, Multiverse works as well.

That
...is the exploration that awaits you. Not mapping stars and studying nebula, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence. - Q
Old 05-29-2009, 03:07 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyanEva View Post
*starts singing "Kill The Beast" from Beauty And The Beast*

Yeah, I took it back to Disney.
This Wounded Beastie

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'
Old 05-29-2009, 03:49 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Ok lets settle this once and for all
With magic 8 ball in Hand i sputtered a few possibilities until the 8 ball gave me a definitive answer
so here it is
STMLOM
StarTrek To Make Lots Of Money

coming to you from the G time line
Or as it would be said in The Greed Of the Few out way the Greed of the many
Old 05-29-2009, 04:07 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakonnen View Post
Okay, so based on Nimoy's Spock being referred to as Spock Prime, it is pretty much established that the original timeline is now known as the "Prime" timeline or universe/reality.

So far, there seems to be no definitive term I've seen for the new timeline, other than calling it "New", the "Abrams" timeline or, in what I think is kind of a snub on Memory Alpha's site even though it refers to a line from the movie, its just constantly referred to as an "alternate reality".

Personally, I think we should refer to the new timeline as "Alpha", and here is why:

The original Enterprise (referring to TOS and in the movies) was NCC-1701, right? Ending in 1, sort of like "Prime" in a way. When the Enterprise is destroyed in Star Trek 3, in Star Trek 4, the new Enterprise after the original is NCC-1701A.

A is also appropriate referring to this timeline given the "Alternate" reality tag, and the fact that it is also call the "Abrams" Trek or timeline.

Therefore, the use of A seems very fitting for this timeline based on all of the above, and since the A is referred to in the Greek alphabet as Alpha, I think that the best official term for the new time line should be the Alpha time line.

So what do you think of calling them the Prime timeline and Alpha timeline respectively?

Hey, plus, Kirk is an Alpha male, and this is a reboot to the Kirk era after all, so its even more fitting!

very nice thread sir, but i wouldn't call this timeline Alpha because that name is going to be used twice.

1. The Alpha Quadrant: this is already in use since the name alpha quadrant has been ineffect before archer's time.

2. The Enterprise-A: There will be an Enterprise-A in this universe. it may not happen like the way she was introduced in the PRIME universe but i promise she's already on Starfleet's drawing board.

All i ask is a tall ship, stars to sail her by.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:56 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise NCC-1701-A View Post
very nice thread sir, but i wouldn't call this timeline Alpha because that name is going to be used twice.

1. The Alpha Quadrant: this is already in use since the name alpha quadrant has been ineffect before archer's time.

2. The Enterprise-A: There will be an Enterprise-A in this universe. it may not happen like the way she was introduced in the PRIME universe but i promise she's already on Starfleet's drawing board.
I'm sure there will be an Enterprise A, but that and the fact that there is an Alpha Quadrant (Which only strengthens the point that these designations are appropriate for Star Trek) does not mean you can't still you Alpha Timeline as well.

That's like saying if there was an Enterprise 2, you couldn't use 2 to refer to anything else in Star Trek, lol.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:59 AM
Ensign

Call it the Abrams timeline.