The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Spock's Human Family
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-28-2009, 05:17 AM
That Metal Beastie's Avatar
That Metal Beastie That Metal Beastie is offline
Rear Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Overhere
Posts: 2,527
Default Spock's Human Family

I know there's no mention of of it in the movies or TV shows but has there been any mention anywhere of any of Amanda Grayson's other relatives. Does Spock have any aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents out there? And would you like to see them? It doesn't have to be a Sybok-type fail neccessarily.
__________________
'A screaming comes across the sky. It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.'

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-28-2009, 05:23 AM
mmoore's Avatar
mmoore mmoore is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: OKUSA
Posts: 1,973
Default

Now there's an idea I haven't heard before. It has possibilities.
__________________
"Are you out of your Vulcan mind?"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-28-2009, 05:29 AM
That Metal Beastie's Avatar
That Metal Beastie That Metal Beastie is offline
Rear Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Overhere
Posts: 2,527
Default

The concept intrigues me.
__________________
'A screaming comes across the sky. It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.'

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-28-2009, 05:48 AM
cjopbj cjopbj is offline
Lieutenant Commander
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 581
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Metal Beastie View Post
I know there's no mention of of it in the movies or TV shows but has there been any mention anywhere of any of Amanda Grayson's other relatives. Does Spock have any aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents out there? And would you like to see them? It doesn't have to be a Sybok-type fail neccessarily.
Wow! I certainly hope Paramount read your post. What a cool concept.
__________________
Happiness, at least, Sir.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-28-2009, 05:51 AM
That Metal Beastie's Avatar
That Metal Beastie That Metal Beastie is offline
Rear Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Overhere
Posts: 2,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjopbj View Post
Wow! I certainly hope Paramount read your post. What a cool concept.
Thanks. Can I copyright a concept?
__________________
'A screaming comes across the sky. It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.'

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-28-2009, 06:18 AM
Stef*'s Avatar
Stef* Stef* is offline
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Germany, Hildesheim
Posts: 220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Metal Beastie View Post
Thanks. Can I copyright a concept?
Well, you would be standing in a looooong queue with fanfiction autors of the last decades ....

... besides that - I fear they will keep it simple. Spock as only Child, Father Sarek and no other relatives. Vulcan relatives inside Vulcan Black hole and perhaps Amandas Parents are long gone and spekulative relatives are offworld or somewhere or not even existing.
__________________
"I like this movie, it's exciting."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-28-2009, 06:22 AM
calliefox calliefox is offline
Ensign
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 89
Default

I would honestly find this pretty interesting, to see it done canonically. Did Amanda Grayson have parents? Siblings? Are they alive? Did she cut herself off from them entirely during her time on Vulcan or visit on Human holidays? Did any of them ever understand her decision to marry a man they see as cold and incapable of human warmth? Etc.

TOS was too pulp to go into this area and the movies had other concerns, but oftentimes the series seems to forget Spock is as human as he is Vulcan. I really do give the new movie kudos for pursuing his duality, more.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-28-2009, 06:31 AM
Stef*'s Avatar
Stef* Stef* is offline
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Germany, Hildesheim
Posts: 220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calliefox View Post
I would honestly find this pretty interesting, to see it done canonically. Did Amanda Grayson have parents? Siblings? Are they alive? Did she cut herself off from them entirely during her time on Vulcan or visit on Human holidays? Did any of them ever understand her decision to marry a man they see as cold and incapable of human warmth? Etc.

TOS was too pulp to go into this area and the movies had other concerns, but oftentimes the series seems to forget Spock is as human as he is Vulcan. I really do give the new movie kudos for pursuing his duality, more.
I fully agree and I also yearn for viewing THIS ... but the fascinating thing about not knowing is, that one can fantasize around this and the possibilities for years and decades - as it is in fanfiction and literature already done.

Who said: "Having is often not as pleasing as wanting?"
__________________
"I like this movie, it's exciting."
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-28-2009, 06:36 AM
That Metal Beastie's Avatar
That Metal Beastie That Metal Beastie is offline
Rear Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Overhere
Posts: 2,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef* View Post
Well, you would be standing in a looooong queue with fanfiction autors of the last decades ....

... besides that - I fear they will keep it simple. Spock as only Child, Father Sarek and no other relatives. Vulcan relatives inside Vulcan Black hole and perhaps Amandas Parents are long gone and spekulative relatives are offworld or somewhere or not even existing.
Probably.
[quote=calliefox;209166]I would honestly find this pretty interesting, to see it done canonically. Did Amanda Grayson have parents? Siblings? Are they alive? Did she cut herself off from them entirely during her time on Vulcan or visit on Human holidays? Did any of them ever understand her decision to marry a man they see as cold and incapable of human warmth? Etc.
quote]


I'm surprised it hasn't been explored in the novels...if it hasn't.
This could be a genesis.

And that could be a delusion of grandeur.
__________________
'A screaming comes across the sky. It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.'

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-28-2009, 07:36 AM
calliefox calliefox is offline
Ensign
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Metal Beastie View Post
I'm surprised it hasn't been explored in the novels...if it hasn't.
Right. Like they said. Fanfiction has already explored it. But whether that happened or not isn't really relevent...

Sorry, I don't put any stock in franchise novels. Quality is usually all over...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:16 PM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.