The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > do you think nero died at the end
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2009, 12:25 AM
Ensign

Most likely dead, in the movie's universe, as he is not signed on for more movies.

BTW. I don't think it was a true "black-hole." More of a trans-dimensional singularity intersecting at perpendicular timelines or a simple temporal singularity.

He may appear back in TNG 24th century. This would indicate TNG timeline remains, and Prime Spock is not from the movie's universe, and the singularity was trans-dimensional (or I guess the timeline from the movie could have been repaired). I'm betting on trans-dimensional with the new movie's timeline dependant on TNG universe's timeline.

I know, it is called a "black-hole." However, applying the laws of physics to the movie's "red-matter" created "artificial black-hole" is overdoing it. Instead of black-hole, you could call it an anomaly, portal, vortex, singularities, anomaly, thingy, etc. They just call it a black-hole because it is "like" a black-hole.

Now you have to wonder, if it was a trans-dimensional singularity, does that mean the chunks of Vulcan from the movie's universe are sent to TNG 24th century (and what damage would that do to TNG Vulcan).

Last edited by thanis : 05-30-2009 at 12:40 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:28 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
Oh it can get worse. Count your blessings.
Undoubtedly.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 05-30-2009, 06:43 PM
Midshipman

Default nero will be back

hello fellow trekies i was just tring to get everyones idea on the end of the movie and if they like me thought that nero was not dead. i went and saw the movie again tonight and it clearly does not show the narada blowing up it's breaking up but it gets pulled through the black hole before it is destoried. and so i believe that because first he is on a borg made ship and that the narada survived a attack from the kelvin then he is alive a well. waiting to return and give kirk a run for his money. they may have not signed him yet but he will come back if jj sees that the fans loved him. big brother is always watching and listening to his fans to deciced what he will do. and nero was just a hell of a bad guy. almost as good a khan.

greetings and dark wishes,
neroprincess

James T. Kirk was a great man, but that was in another life.
nero