The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Why the Star Trek Release was moved!!!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-21-2008, 12:47 PM
flyer00jay's Avatar
flyer00jay flyer00jay is offline
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In Space
Posts: 137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
I swear to this forum, if they pull something that corny I'm going to eat my own hat.
I'm with ya, and I have just the Klingon hat to start tenderizing...
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-21-2008, 12:48 PM
OneBuckFilms's Avatar
OneBuckFilms OneBuckFilms is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 909
Default

Some things to say ...

1. SHATNER WILL NOT BE IN THE MOVIE !!!!!!

2. THE MOVIE WAS RESCHEDULED TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER POTENTIAL !!!

Paramount have already said so, and no amount of wishful thinking will change that.
__________________
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-21-2008, 12:49 PM
RATEDNCC1701's Avatar
RATEDNCC1701 RATEDNCC1701 is offline
Lieutenant Commander
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: RENO, NV
Posts: 642
Default

He still will try to get into the sequels, based on the popularity of this first film of course. I don't know if they can fit him into any of the upcoming sequels since I pretty sure they don't want to repeat the time line story. This movie may be Shatner's last chance to get into another Star Trek film.
__________________
If You Smelllllllllllll what the Vulcan is coooking!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-21-2008, 12:54 PM
Captain Tightpants's Avatar
Captain Tightpants Captain Tightpants is offline
Ensign
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Glendale, CA.
Posts: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir num nums View Post
He may be Vain, and Stubborn, but I do not think he can be too picky with salary these days, thanks to priceline.com ads.
Then again he's been nominated six times and has won two Emmys and a Golden Globe in the last four years. It ain't exactly like he's washed-up.
__________________
"The fact that he would have passed up a visit to the Louvre or the Prado in favour of ten minutes alone with a knicker catalogue—this, perhaps, was a personal quirk."—Martin Amis, London Fields

Last edited by Captain Tightpants : 02-21-2008 at 01:22 PM. Reason: OCD
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-21-2008, 12:57 PM
flyer00jay's Avatar
flyer00jay flyer00jay is offline
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In Space
Posts: 137
Default

Well I really like Shatner, but bringing people back after they are dead has been done too much in my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-21-2008, 12:58 PM
Captain Tightpants's Avatar
Captain Tightpants Captain Tightpants is offline
Ensign
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Glendale, CA.
Posts: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBuckFilms View Post
Some things to say ...

1. SHATNER WILL NOT BE IN THE MOVIE !!!!!!

2. THE MOVIE WAS RESCHEDULED TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER POTENTIAL !!!

Paramount have already said so, and no amount of wishful thinking will change that.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but you have to admit the timing is a little conspicuous. The DAY the writers go back to work? J.J. & Co. have said repeatedly that if they can find a way to put him in the movie they will. Given all the fans clamoring for The Shatner's appearance, maybe they found a way.
__________________
"The fact that he would have passed up a visit to the Louvre or the Prado in favour of ten minutes alone with a knicker catalogue—this, perhaps, was a personal quirk."—Martin Amis, London Fields

Last edited by Captain Tightpants : 02-21-2008 at 01:14 PM. Reason: OCD
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-21-2008, 01:01 PM
Vyger22 Vyger22 is offline
Midshipman
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 10
Default

some you say that Paramount moved the release because they think they will be a big blockbuster hit and yes they did say that publicly but sometimes people say things and mean something else in communications they call that doublespeak or diliberate misleading. We the public call it white lies.

That is a big gamble for a franchise that is trying to get out of the mud because of the last movie being a failure and also it is a big gamble since they will have to compete against a proven summer blockbuster hit of the past few years in X-men with the new Origins:Wolverine movie coming out.

I have no doubt that the reasons for moving the release is because they are already behind on filming and because they are reworking the script with new elements whether that be Shatner or something else. It is fun to think it could be Shatner and the reason it will take awhile is because thye will most liekly work around his Boston Legal schedule.

I have to agree with fused film blog and their remarks.

http://fusedfilmblog.com/2008/02/21/...-i-wonder-why/

Last edited by Vyger22 : 02-21-2008 at 01:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-21-2008, 03:33 PM
MissionTrek08's Avatar
MissionTrek08 MissionTrek08 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tightpants View Post
I'm not saying you're wrong, but you have to admit the timing is a little conspicuous. The DAY the writers go back to work? J.J. & Co. have said repeatedly that if they can find a way to put him in the movie they will. Given all the fans clamoring for The Shatner's appearance, maybe they found a way.
Not conspicuous if you consider these simple ideas: TREK was the highest profile movie they planned to move, but not the only film to be rescheduled either, so of course it got all the press in the announcement. Paramount wanted to claim the May 8 weekend FIRST before any other studio could jump in... this is called marketing strategy. Every studio does the same thing every year, but this stands out because it's a change and unusual (just as the strike was an uncommon circumstance). Since TREK isn't OUT of production yet, there is no apparent need to extend it five months longer just to put Shat in the movie... nor is there any sign Paramount is paying another $50-75 million (minumum) to keep production running the rest of this year.
__________________

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK


Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-21-2008, 04:59 PM
CommanderArcturusMensk's Avatar
CommanderArcturusMensk CommanderArcturusMensk is offline
Midshipman
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 10
Default

Okay, couple things.... (All my opinions)
1. Trek was moved for a combination of Shat wanting in, Abrams wanting more polish time, and Paramount wanting more $$$$.
2. Shat WILL be in this movie. There has been enough of an uproar among us Trekkies that he was NOT originally going to be in it that I think Paramount is going to pay him what he wants in order to get him in. Now, how we is going to get in it is another debate. I think the whole dream thing from the last page is a great idea. It gets Shat in as Kirk, and it is a good storyline that would close the book on the original TOS characters.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-21-2008, 05:03 PM
RATEDNCC1701's Avatar
RATEDNCC1701 RATEDNCC1701 is offline
Lieutenant Commander
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: RENO, NV
Posts: 642
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderArcturusMensk View Post
Okay, couple things.... (All my opinions)
1. Trek was moved for a combination of Shat wanting in, Abrams wanting more polish time, and Paramount wanting more $$$$.
2. Shat WILL be in this movie. There has been enough of an uproar among us Trekkies that he was NOT originally going to be in it that I think Paramount is going to pay him what he wants in order to get him in. Now, how we is going to get in it is another debate. I think the whole dream thing from the last page is a great idea. It gets Shat in as Kirk, and it is a good storyline that would close the book on the original TOS characters.
My sentiments exactly. Anton Yelchin said in his interview that Nimoy was the only oringinal TOS actor to get in but, he can still be a cover up and Shatner can still be in the movie. I think that if he will be in the movie, I think it would be an excellent marketing strategy to keep his involvment a secret. We'll have to wait.
__________________
If You Smelllllllllllll what the Vulcan is coooking!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:57 AM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.